Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (6 Viewers)

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
big IF , but if Prime has a good year next year May start to get money from all his famous friends

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
nfl-deion.gif

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
big IF , but if Prime has a good year next year May start to get money from all his famous friends
I highly doubt it. big money donates to football because they are fans of a team and the return on investment is seeing the team do well. Deion's friends will offer publicity and exposure, but donating their own money will never make sense to them since there's no return on that investment

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I highly doubt it. big money donates to football because they are fans of a team and the return on investment is seeing the team do well. Deion's friends will offer publicity and exposure, but donating their own money will never make sense to them since there's no return on that investment
I’m surprised he can’t get those kids major endorsements like his kids that are on TV commercials and stuff. But getting overseas money from Saudi’s Arabia is probably against liberal Colorados ethics since they discriminate against groups of people.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m surprised he can’t get those kids major endorsements like his kids that are on TV commercials and stuff. But getting overseas money from Saudi’s Arabia is probably against liberal Colorados ethics since they discriminate against groups of people.
Brother when it comes to money from the Middle East ain't no one scared of being a hypocrite

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think the main lesson of NIL is that most of the value in college athletics is in the school brand. the players have some appeal locally for endorsements but in Boulder most people don't give a shit about football, and the Denver Market has professional sports that get more attention

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the main lesson of NIL is that most of the value in college athletics is in the school brand. the players have some appeal locally for endorsements but in Boulder most people don't give a shit about football, and the Denver Market has professional sports that get more attention
You need a group of rich guys who define themselves solely around ______ football program (Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Nebraska, Texas, OU etc).

Denver area (and California) absolutely has a shit ton of rich CU albums in the $10m-150m net worth area. Tons of them. Now, do they define their entire being around CU football? That's where you probably lose 85% of that group for CU.

At Tennessee, probably 90% of their rich pricks are obsessed with Vols football. The question for Deion was how many of those rich CU assholes was he going to be able to convert to caring about CU football (?). And you have to go beyond just caring, they have to be obsessed enough to put $3m of their own money into 3-5 football players who could all tear their ACLs the day after they arrive. Only a psycho would put their money into something like this.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Guarantee at the end of next year we’ll be getting stories on how Colorado promised a bunch of guys nil only to start stiffing em once they were locked in for the season. They will be all-in for this season & give zero fucks about if they can pay or retain guys for year 3

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Guarantee at the end of next year we’ll be getting stories on how Colorado promised a bunch of guys nil only to start stiffing em once they were locked in for the season. They will be all-in for this season & give zero fucks about if they can pay or retain guys for year 3
Prime won’t even be there for year 3 once his kids graduate next year.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Buff fans probably excited by the "former Alabama DL" tag. But the guy didn't see the field in 3 seasons there.

Nebraska has gotten portal transfers from both Bama and Georgia and TBH not one them has really made an impact on the field yet.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Probably got processed:

Issiah Walker Jr. has moved on from Deion Sanders and the Colorado Buffaloes. The JUCO product and former ESPN 300 recruit has decommited from the program, sources tell BuffsBeat.

A move that comes in the midst of Coach Prime and his staff pulling in top-tier players out of the transfer portal. Not a huge surprise considering Walker's primary recruiter was Bill O'Boyle, who has moved on to San Diego State.

The former Butler Community College offensive tackle announced he was Boulder bound at the end of October. He's a 6-foot-5, 290-pound native of Miami, Fla. and has bounced around since coming out of Norland HS in 2019.

Walker originally committed to Florida before moving down to Butler. He held offers from a few Power Five schools before committing to Colorado as part of the 2024 class. It appears he's heading to Texas State after posting pictures of himself in full uniform at the school. However, nothing has been made official.
Walker has two years of eligibility remaining on the books.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I think one of the most interesting games of the 2024 season involves Colorado, the week before they visit Lincoln.

The Buffs host North Dakota State.

NDSU isn't as dominant as they've been in the past, but barring any substantial exits to the Transfer Portal, they're slated to return like 13 fifth or sixth year senior starters. They aren't the kind of team you want to play in week one when you're breaking in an entirely new offensive and defensive front.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds