Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (4 Viewers)

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm the Deion "devil's advocate" on here. I try not to be a hater (which is extremely difficult).

But I think Deion has realized how much work this would be at Colorado. I think he wants to put together a 7-5 season this year...get Shedeur to NFL as 1st rounder....and then resign for medical reasons. He can then make $5m/yr as a TV analyst and more through TV ads/sponsorships.

The idea that Deion wants to fight his way up the ladder - advance to A&M next and then fight his way to the Alabama job, etc.....it's looking more and more insane. Deion will be 57 at start of this CFB season. He's got NO desire to grind his way to the top for the next 10 yrs.

I know everyone is saying this, but I believe it now. Deion takes a medical retirement after 2024 season and then never coaches again. I'm ready to throw my prediction out there.
His entire goal is getting his kid drafted and paid. He has one of them complete.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yeah that will be the big test. As mentioned I actually think they'll be good this year. The big test for Deion is what happens when you start having to pick out HS QB recruits (or portal QB recruits) to start for you each year.

He's not going to have a QB as good as Shedeur every yr so the test for Deion will be how consistent can he make the program when you're bringing in brand new QBs. Even portal QBs are not sure things. For every Bo Nix/Joe Burrow there are a many more others who underperformed at their new spot.
He got 2 signed this year. How good are they? We will see.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Have they filled their coaching positions? Looks like they will be a downgrade vs last year. Their coaches last year were able to put the island of misfit toys into something that resembled a team next year not so much.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Have they filled their coaching positions? Looks like they will be a downgrade vs last year. Their coaches last year were able to put the island of misfit toys into something that resembled a team next year not so much.
In all seriousness, if I'm a coach with a real resume, I'm not putting my reputation on the line for Deion's mickey mouse bullshit. Motherfucker will wake up one day and decide to demote you or trash you in the media despite your performance if he feels like it will benefit his kid or himself.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I thought Prime had zero tolerance for drugs and you would be off the team. Does that only apply to the kids he was running off last year?
Yes is the answer to that question
The former CU players on that Whitlock segment were saying that the coaches were instructed to look for little things like clothing violations in the weight room etc to try to get kids to quit etc.

I guarantee you they're not in the weight room now checking if guys' shirts are tucked in etc. That was all to get those initial Karl Dorrell guys out of there.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds