Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Yard Care (1 Viewer)

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I get them randomly. Normally shaded areas after a good amount of moisture
You said moist

jiggity GIF

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
My backyard is an absolute mess right now. There is a new construction house going in behind me and they don’t have any runoff mitigation like a silt fence in place. What’s frustrating is they had one in place when they started in the winter, but at some point removed it.

I realize in Elkhorn we have pretty much had record rainfall for May, so some runoff probably couldn’t be avoided, but since the builder has done nothing, I have 10-15 feet of pretty much my entire back fence line now covered in inches of sticky clay that will likely kill the majority of the grass and cause issues with weeds later in the summer. It is also covering multiple sprinkler heads. And it has happened to at least 2 other neighbors, but possibly 3-4.

I have reached out to the builder and had a response from someone at the company that I should be hearing from them shortly. I feel like asking them for a large load of good top soil, high quality seed, starter fertilizer, and probably some weed prevent and maybe some peat moss or something for coverage would be fair. I have no problem doing the work myself, but I don’t think I should need to pay for their fuck up.

Anyone ever had anything similar happen and if so, how did it go after? Thoughts on how to fix it prior to eventually reseeding in the fall? I sent a couple hours out there trying to take some of it and shovel it off, but I think it is pretty much a lost cause, and if they don’t put in some type of mitigation, it won’t matter anyway as it will just keep happening.

For reference, here is what the lawn looked like in early spring:
IMG_9601.jpeg

And here is the shit I have now:
IMG_0039.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpegIMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0042.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg
IMG_0044.jpeg

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
My backyard is an absolute mess right now. There is a new construction house going in behind me and they don’t have any runoff mitigation like a silt fence in place. What’s frustrating is they had one in place when they started in the winter, but at some point removed it.

I realize in Elkhorn we have pretty much had record rainfall for May, so some runoff probably couldn’t be avoided, but since the builder has done nothing, I have 10-15 feet of pretty much my entire back fence line now covered in inches of sticky clay that will likely kill the majority of the grass and cause issues with weeds later in the summer. It is also covering multiple sprinkler heads. And it has happened to at least 2 other neighbors, but possibly 3-4.

I have reached out to the builder and had a response from someone at the company that I should be hearing from them shortly. I feel like asking them for a large load of good top soil, high quality seed, starter fertilizer, and probably some weed prevent and maybe some peat moss or something for coverage would be fair. I have no problem doing the work myself, but I don’t think I should need to pay for their fuck up.

Anyone ever had anything similar happen and if so, how did it go after? Thoughts on how to fix it prior to eventually reseeding in the fall? I sent a couple hours out there trying to take some of it and shovel it off, but I think it is pretty much a lost cause, and if they don’t put in some type of mitigation, it won’t matter anyway as it will just keep happening.

For reference, here is what the lawn looked like in early spring:
View attachment 37738

And here is the shit I have now:
View attachment 37739
View attachment 37740View attachment 37741
View attachment 37742
View attachment 37743
View attachment 37744
I’m sad

Toe

Wide Receiver
another question...I have an alley behind my property that I believe belongs to the city of Swimtown...There are weeds GALORE back there. I've tried Roundup and other things but nothing kills that shit...any suggestions?

OK first of all, just to verify, you're using actual Roundup, aka glyphosate? (And not the 'kills weeds but not grass' stuff.) Because there ain't much that glyphosate won't kill, but you might need to be persistent with multiple treatments 10-14 days apart.

I would download a plant ID app like PlantNet onto your phone and try to figure out what spawn of Satan you're dealing with.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I keep thinking to myself "i should probably finally turn the sprinklers on this year" and then i look at the forecast and see that it's supposed to rain 3 out of the next 5 days. I don't think I've ever made it to June without turning on the sprinklers before.
i have to mow every 3 days and my pastures are the tallest theyve ever been.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
OK first of all, just to verify, you're using actual Roundup, aka glyphosate? (And not the 'kills weeds but not grass' stuff.) Because there ain't much that glyphosate won't kill, but you might need to be persistent with multiple treatments 10-14 days apart.

I would download a plant ID app like PlantNet onto your phone and try to figure out what spawn of Satan you're dealing with.
I will check, thanks

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds