Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Yard Moles-need advice (2 Viewers)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Got a slab of side yard that is taking a beating by a mole or family of moles. Have been using poison peanuts the last few weeks but the mole is either smelling and going around, or there are multiple moles. Tunnels in both mine and my neighbors side yard. Probably about 20 ft wide area total. You don’t really notice it just looking at the grass, but If you walk through the patch of yard, you can feel the tunnel lumps in a lot of spots now. Super annoying

Any tips that I haven’t thought of?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Backyard Farmer had a segment on this issue a few weeks ago.

I’m driving now but I’m sure you can find it quickly on YouTube. They have their own YouTube channel

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
In our high school Ag class, part of our responsibilities was taking care of the football field. Had a mole problem one year. We used these poison smoke bombs. Stick them in their holes...they gone.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
You need one of these OP -

$_1.JPG

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Got a slab of side yard that is taking a beating by a mole or family of moles. Have been using poison peanuts the last few weeks but the mole is either smelling and going around, or there are multiple moles. Tunnels in both mine and my neighbors side yard. Probably about 20 ft wide area total. You don’t really notice it just looking at the grass, but If you walk through the patch of yard, you can feel the tunnel lumps in a lot of spots now. Super annoying

Any tips that I haven’t thought of
Is it a mole or a vole? Moles stay under ground and voles stay mostly above eating grass off at the roots. They both have a tunnel though for protection and for moving around from one spot to the next.

The poison peanuts will work on either if you drop in their hole so they have to cross through it to get out. Don’t touch the soil though or they will just make a new tunnel when they smell human contact.

We have a drain tile that goes all the way around house. Basically from front door all the way around house to other side of driveway. Little shits use it to hide and travel. I dropped the peanuts in it last fall at both ends and finally got the little bastards.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Buy some wolf piss online and pour some of that near the holes. If you don't want to buy wolf piss online, start making your dog pee in the area. If you do buy wolf piss online, make sure it's from a reputable dealer.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Is it a mole or a vole? Moles stay under ground and voles stay mostly above eating grass off at the roots. They both have a tunnel though for protection and for moving around from one spot to the next.

The poison peanuts will work on either if you drop in their hole so they have to cross through it to get out. Don’t touch the soil though or they will just make a new tunnel when they smell human contact.

We have a drain tile that goes all the way around house. Basically from front door all the way around house to other side of driveway. Little shits use it to hide and travel. I dropped the peanuts in it last fall at both ends and finally got the little bastards.
Moles for sure. Just tunneling, not doing anything else. Popped out next to the side walk over the weekend while me and the wife were on vacation. A lot of dirt spilled on the side wall now. I’ve been using poison peanuts for the past few weeks but they don’t seem to be working. Directions are to use the container to drill into the tunnel, drop some peanuts in, and cover it back up with dirt

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
In our high school Ag class, part of our responsibilities was taking care of the football field. Had a mole problem one year. We used these poison smoke bombs. Stick them in their holes...they gone.
I actually YouTube’s it a few weeks ago and one guy said to dump gasoline in it if you can the hole where it starts. Not sure if it’s legal or not but I’m tempted

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I should mention I have found the initial hole, or atleast one digging spot, right under the down spout, clear as day

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Motomco mole killer worms. They work. Poison plastic looking worms they eat and die underground. Tried everything without success but these do the trick. Easy to use.

sold at most hardware stores, Walmart etc.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Besides just trying to remove them, I would put down a fast acting grub/insect killer. Not the only reason you may have them, but they also may be there for the food source.
I think I read that if a person waters their grass a lot then that could be the cause?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds