Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Yard Care (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
“ So you’re saying we need to buy more spikes and spend more time on the lawn with spikes so we can decrease compaction?” — Federal Government logic
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Toe

Wide Receiver
Pushing things to grow with fertilizer when they're supposed to be going dormant is usually a bad idea.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Pushing things to grow with fertilizer when they're supposed to be going dormant is usually a bad idea.
I mean your last app is going to help with root growth but also be part of that first feeding in the spring. Generally I try to hit it as late as I can, but while I’m still mowing…

Now is a no go unless global warming picks up…

Toe

Wide Receiver
I mean your last app is going to help with root growth but also be part of that first feeding in the spring.

Depends on how mature your lawn is. There's a point of diminishing returns with fertilizer (and it's a lot lower than fertilizer manufacturers would like you to believe). Roots only grow so much, they don't just keep going until they reach the center of the earth.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Depends on how mature your lawn is. There's a point of diminishing returns with fertilizer (and it's a lot lower than fertilizer manufacturers would like you to believe). Roots only grow so much, they don't just keep going until they reach the center of the earth.
Ya I do it more for that first feeding in the spring...

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Get the backpack. It’s well worth it and it sprays everything just fine. I asked because if you did have a backpack, I would recommend spraying your prodiamine over granular. Much better coverage; especially along concrete where people have the most problems.
what do you have for backpack?

Thinking about going with Craftsman's sprayer and get the battery for my tools as well.

Last edited:

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Any of you guys ever deal with moss? I have poor drainage in one part of my yard but it spread throughout most of my front yard by the end of the season. @huskermack

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
Any of you guys ever deal with moss? I have poor drainage in one part of my yard but it spread throughout most of my front yard by the end of the season. @huskermack
Yeah fo sho.
A few years ago I got some ferrous sulfate, and it worked pretty well.
I’ll be darned if it hasn’t taken over my yard again due to my total and complete laziness.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
what do you have for backpack?

Thinking about going with Craftsman's sprayer and get the battery for my tools as well.
I have a Strom. If I had to buy one now, I would get a Flowzone. Whatever you get, I would test spray water with it several times to understand how much water you need for the square feet you are spraying. Different nozzles will change that ratio.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds