Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What will our new offense look like? (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I imagine we will still run some form of the spread, right?

Or do you guys think we are gonna go back to the power i?

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
"Start from scratch" does not mean "no carryover from current offense." They will likely bring in a new OC and evaluate which elements of the current system they want to keep and what should be scrapped; a lot of it will probably be kept.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I think what we do at the QB position kind of answers this.

If Adrian stays I don't see them changing much.
If he goes and we go with Smothers are we going run heavy?
Do we bring in a transfer who has different skills? A transfer handpicked by the new OC?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Do we bring in a transfer who has different skills? A transfer handpicked by the new OC?
If this was coming up and say Frost had 3 years to do this, my opinion is go with Smothers and run a shot gun version of TO's offense. 10-12 passes a game and obviously a lot of athletic running from Logan. But we're not there so you can't bank on Smothers saving Frost his job in 2022.

Kaladin

Elite Member

Smothers would fit well in an option run heavy scheme. But our 2021 and 2022 QB recruits are both 6'5, which would suggest we are not going to run the option in the future.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Smothers would fit well in an option run heavy scheme. But our 2021 and 2022 QB recruits are both 6'5, which would suggest we are not going to run the option in the future.
Do they stay committed though given yesterday's events?

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Probably more of a power spread that Ohio State and Oregon run with some of the option stuff sprinkled in.

Kaladin

Elite Member
Do they stay committed though given yesterday's events?
Torres tore his acl or something so I doubt he would decommit. Nebraska is pry his only option at this point

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Torres could decommit and play JUCO ball or maybe find a cushy landing spot at UTEP or Incarnate Word. Kid blew his knee and is unlikely to have lots of options
I don't want Frost to be this guy to be honest, but if we're changing scheme up some, and some other coaches do it in the big boy SEC, he could just tell them thanks but no thanks

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Torres tore his acl or something so I doubt he would decommit. Nebraska is pry his only option at this point
He could become a big boy asshole if we're changing some schemes and tell him thanks but no thanks......hope not though I think that would be wrong.

Kaladin

Elite Member
Like shit
Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
We're #18 in the country on offense and #2 in the big ten. I hope it's not a let's start from scratch scenario. Take a few things out, add a few things in. Get someone who's a great play caller.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds