Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2024 offense (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Quarterback
Can’t really focus on the 2023 team anymore. Can the 2024 offense be fixed with a few good transfers? It could possibly get to mediocre next year.

Let’s assume the following
  • Sims transfers
  • Harberg goes back to TE
  • Teddy transfers
  • 2 RBs transfer or medically retire
  • Assume IGC, Washington etc are gone
It can be almost salvageable and paper thin. Matt Davidson better not fuck the program with shitty nil deals for transfers.

QB
  1. ?transfer
  2. Purdy
  3. ?transfer
  4. Kaelin
RB
  1. EJ
  2. ?transfer/hs
  3. ?transfer/hs
  4. Kiwinten Ives

X
  1. Jaylen Lloyd
  2. Alex Bullock
  3. Isaiah McMorris
Z
  1. Malachi Coleman
  2. Transfer
  3. Dae’Vonn Hall
Slot
  1. Jaidyn Doss
  2. Jacory Barney
  3. ?
TE
  1. Thomas Fidone
  2. Heinrich Haarberg
  3. Carter Nelsin
  4. Nate Boerkircher
LT
  1. Transfer
  2. Gunnar Gottalla
LG
  1. Justin Evans-Jenkins
  2. Ethan Piper
C
  1. Ben Scott
  2. Sam Sledge
RG
  1. Transfer
  2. Turner Corcran
  3. Henry Luto
RT
  1. Bryce Benhart
  2. Tyler Knaak

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Curious how he looks on Friday.... If he looks good we might have our guy for 24.
  1. Carter Nelsin
I doubt he RS, but I don't expect him to be a top 3 TE.

RB
  1. EJ
  2. ?transfer/hs
  3. ?transfer/hs
  4. Kiwinten Ives
Need quality bodies here... EJ is a stud. Ives couldn't see the field this year? Sounds like R. Johnson is going to try to come back.... Gabe's injury keep an eye on it... I was told that injury has a decent chance at being a career ender.

LT
  1. Transfer
  2. Gunnar Gottalla
LG
  1. Justin Evans-Jenkins
  2. Ethan Piper
C
  1. Ben Scott
  2. Sam Sledge
RG
  1. Transfer
  2. Turner Corcran
  3. Henry Luto
RT
  1. Bryce Benhart
  2. Tyler Knaak
Teddy will be at LT - health permitting.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Sledge at OG. Curious how Turner looks at OG, but not holding my breath.

Curious about what Benhart's future looks like... Wouldn't surprise me to see him try and go pro.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Curious how he looks on Friday.... If he looks good we might have our guy for 24.
Yvette Nicole Brown No GIF by Bounce

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What has been Satterfield’s best offense and why would I expect his 2024 offense to be better than average at best?

Better personnel should lead to better offensive production but I’m not convinced Satt’s playcalling is geared towards efficiency.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
No effing way we take seven from the portal.

Teddy stays. You would be crazy to let a homegrown OT transfer. OTs are hard to come by, and he is improving with play.

Nelson will start out as a WR

Last edited:

Herbie

Quarterback
This - we'd be very, very lucky to get one guy who can start. Most OL in the portal are depth pieces.
Nebraska needs to throw big dick money on oline transfers. There will be a few, most will look for already competitive teams.
But if they don’t desperately try to upgrade the oline talent again they’ll fail again.

They had two last year till one was a pussy.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I still think we need:

2 QBs
1 RB
3 WRs (2 if Demas comes here)
2 OL to provide depth

Even if Purdy plays well on Friday I still think it's likely he transfers after he graduates in December. Why would he stay if he's not going to be the starter? Which I don't think he will be.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
  1. Transfer
  2. Turner Corcran
  3. Henry Luto
Rhule said out of nowhere yesterday that he thinks Ruquan Buckley will be a really good Guard...that was listed as one of the secondary reasons he values getting to a bowl, to get guys they are moving more reps.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

I doubt he RS, but I don't expect him to be a top 3 TE.

Need quality bodies here... EJ is a stud. Ives couldn't see the field this year? Sounds like R. Johnson is going to try to come back.... Gabe's injury keep an eye on it... I was told that injury has a decent chance at being a career ender.

Teddy will be at LT - health permitting.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Sledge at OG. Curious how Turner looks at OG, but not holding my breath.

Curious about what Benhart's future looks like... Wouldn't surprise me to see him try and go pro.
What do you think about Piper's injury? I don't see, and especially this staff in particular, them rushing him back from as nasty of an injury it was.

redzoner

Cornerback
Why would Nebraska want to keep him? He’s garbage.

Why would you get rid of him?

He really hasn't played that many games so there is still time for development.

They should also 100% try and recruit a transfer over him but injuries and other events happen. Would be stupid to not have him on the roster.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds