Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What will our new offense look like? (2 Viewers)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
So if you follow recruiting, they've been recruiting to get bigger guys. B1G bodies, B1G offense. Now, theoretically, they're switching to the "Scott Frost/Chip Kelly offense". So, it was first the UCF/Oregon offense, then there's been a switch to a B1G-ish offense (whatever we've been watching is), and now we're switching it one more time heading into year 5...baaaack to the "Scott Frost / Chip Kelly offense"

So I'd think you'd also be changing recruiting philosophies again....twice in 4 years. This stuff is bonkers man.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
We're #18 in the country on offense and #2 in the big ten. I hope it's not a let's start from scratch scenario. Take a few things out, add a few things in. Get someone who's a great play caller.

The things to be fixed are not yardage, that's good. They need to fix red zone efficiency, third down efficiency, and turnovers.

Last edited:

Toe

Wide Receiver
Spread offenses have a classic Achilles heel: what happens when you're in the red zone and there's no room on the field to spread the defense out? I think the problem becomes more acute in the Big Ten than it does in the PAC or AAC, or even the Big 12. Obviously, it's been a huge problem for Frost's offense the last few years.

From the sound of things, Frost's plan to address that this year was to switch to more of a power-based scheme in the red zone. But it was just too much of a stretch: not enough time to rep such a different philosophy along with the 'base' offense, and players who weren't suited to run both types of offenses.

So I would guess that the next logical step is to look for an offense with more of a power element to it, that can be run anywhere on the field. Exactly what form that will take will probably depend more on the coaches available than anything. It'll probably require a change in recruiting philosophy, although to some extent I think Frost has already been moving in that direction.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds