Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What in the flying F**k are we doing at the qb position.

With lots of luck we win 9
With a good amount of luck we win 8
With some luck we win 7
With even amount of luck we win 6
With some bad luck we win 5
With a good amount of bad luck we win 4
With lots of bad luck we win 3
If all the mirrors in the weightroom break we win 2

With lots of luck we win 9
With a good amount of luck we win 8
With some luck we win 7
With even amount of luck we win 6
With some bad luck we win 5
With a good amount of bad luck we win 4
With lots of bad luck we win 3
If all the mirrors in the weightroom break we win 2
So where do you think we fall win wise? I think with an even amount of luck to we win 5 since Frost hasn’t had a winning season yet.

With A little luck and not pissing our pants we win 9
With Not pissing our pants we win 8
With with the shake & dance leading to a Tony Romo dribble of piss on our pants we win 7
With With a Adam Sandler you aren't cool unless you piss your pants we win 6
With With some bad Mexican and not making it in time shitting your pants we win 5
With The worst food poisoning in your life and not making it in time shitting your pants we win 3
If you get butt fucked by Carlos Polk, have bad Mexican food that gives you food poisoning shitting your pants we win 2
Fify

Fwiw I was told mj isn't the top QB target. They don't like his motion or size as much.

I think the Luke McCaffrey disaster made them reevaluate their priorities in a QB.
So no Harrell because Harrell is even smaller? I wasn't insinuating Morris was their top target, but I think historically there has been a whole hell of a lot of rationalizing the guys who they land as what they wanted all along after missing on better players

I've got

QB
Edge
RB
And then top end talent at all positions as my areas of concerns
I would remove edge. I think they have several "good" guys. Do they have a difference maker? A top 3 round guy? Not imo or at least not developed.

So to me that falls into the top end talent.

So no Harrell because Harrell is even smaller? I wasn't insinuating Morris was their top target, but I think historically there has been a whole hell of a lot of rationalizing the guys who they land as what they wanted all along after missing on better players
I will have to ask. I just think they are trying to emphasize arm talent.

Was told they are higher on Torres than most would think.

I don't really have much of an opinion tbh. We should win 7 in my mind which probably means we'll win 5.
The last three years have been the same shit. We shoot ourselves in the foot all the time. The biggest surprise for me is that our offense outside year one down the stretch has been total dog shit. I never expected our offense to be a dumpster fire at this point.

When looking at the RB transfers the staff has brought in previously and now - Bell, Washington, Mills, Stepp - and then the cluster fuck of average running backs we have currently, I’m not sure how it’s really acceptable
Held is on my shit list until he gets himself off. Even if he does it this year I'll think it is Brown more responsible

The last three years have been the same shit. We shoot ourselves in the foot all the time. The biggest surprise for me is that our offense outside year one down the stretch has been total dog shit. I never expected our offense to be a dumpster fire at this point.
An example of what I expected when Frost was hired. I bet someone that we would be in the college football playoff in year 5.

An example of what I expected when Frost was hired. I bet someone that we would be in the college football playoff in year 5.
I only wanted Matt Campbell or Frost when Riley was fired. The only thing that scared me about Frost was if we would play defense. I thought we would put up 40-50 a game by year 2-3 but our defense might not be good. I thought he would figure that out over time. At this point I’m wondering if he will ever have a dominant offense here. I don’t see the qbs on the roster and Frost is so damn stubborn.

That seems like a fairly significant blunder
Like I don't want to say they didn't value arm talent, but I think they thought they could coach it up more to an acceptable level. I just think that level that they want/need for this division/league is higher than they thought initially.

I mean you are in a DIVISION where last year 3 of the top 5 defensive efficiency teams were in your DIVISION.

1621472462506.png

You need to be able to execute at a much higher level than you did at Oregon or at the AAC. The margin for error is very small. Luke very well might be a good QB in G5, but it was laughable how defenses were playing him. It was like a shot gun spray when he threw +10 yds.

I think that is a big reason why you are seeing tempo slow and amount of motions increase is to focus on execution. The motion is to try and get the advantage the tempo use to.

I think they are valuing arm talent more, size and physicality at WR/RB.

Now what is surprising to me is I don't know what changes the defense has made in terms of what they wanted. Maybe there is a switch and it isn't obvious for me like the offense is.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back