Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

One hefty hire flying under the radar (2 Viewers)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Love the big blueberry!

violet-willy-wonka.gif

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did acid with Todd Reising at Wakarusa music festival in Lawrence once. He ran off into the woods and emerged hours later covered in mud and leaves. I don’t know how it relates, but thought it was a good story to toss in.
Reesing was a trip, and a huge partier. He was 3rd string for them and always out partying late night. He tied on a huge one the night before they played Colorado, so much that he was throwing up on the sidelines. He knew he wasn't going in. Well, Mangino made a change at QB during the game and instead of going with the 2nd string QB he sent in 3rd string Reesing. Who ended up playing his ass off even though he was still probably legally drunk/hungover from the night before. It wasn't unusual to see him pie eyed at 2am during the football season. Kid was a gamer.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Reesing was a trip, and a huge partier. He was 3rd string for them and always out partying late night. He tied on a huge one the night before they played Colorado, so much that he was throwing up on the sidelines. He knew he wasn't going in. Well, Mangino made a change at QB during the game and instead of going with the 2nd string QB he sent in 3rd string Reesing. Who ended up playing his ass off even though he was still probably legally drunk/hungover from the night before. It wasn't unusual to see him pie eyed at 2am during the football season. Kid was a gamer.
Hell yea

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
one of my buddies suited up varsity as a freshman in football when the state playoffs started. our team made it to the state championship game and it was like 30 degrees and snowing in Lyman, WY in mid-November. he assumed his chances of playing were less than 1% since all he did was practice scout team and had never played in a varsity game up to that point. out of comfort he decides to wear his denver broncos winter starters jacket under his uniform, shoulder pads and all. low and behold, our team starts pounding Lyman and the coach calls his number up 3-4 TD's in the 4th quarter. said he felt like the biggest moron running around at LB out there in his purple and gold uni with that retarded broncos jacket underneath.

not really related, but still cracks me up to this day.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
one of my buddies suited up varsity as a freshman in football when the state playoffs started. our team made it to the state championship game and it was like 30 degrees and snowing in Lyman, WY in mid-November. he assumed his chances of playing were less than 1% since all he did was practice scout team and had never played in a varsity game up to that point. out of comfort he decides to wear his denver broncos winter starters jacket under his uniform, shoulder pads and all. low and behold, our team starts pounding Lyman and the coach calls his number up 3-4 TD's in the 4th quarter. said he felt like the biggest moron running around at LB out there in his purple and gold uni with that retarded broncos jacket underneath.

not really related, but still cracks me up to this day.
When I was on JV they suited us up for Varsity. Little chance I was going to play in an away game as we were playing a tough team. 3 hour bus ride so we dressed there. Well I forgot to pack the thick shirt I wore under my shoulder pads. We blew them out and I got it for quite a bit. Those old school 10+ year old misfitting shoulder pads that the JV wore weren't the most forgiving or comfortable. Rubbed my shoulders raw.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
When I was on JV they suited us up for Varsity. Little chance I was going to play in an away game as we were playing a tough team. 3 hour bus ride so we dressed there. Well I forgot to pack the thick shirt I wore under my shoulder pads. We blew them out and I got it for quite a bit. Those old school 10+ year old misfitting shoulder pads that the JV wore weren't the most forgiving or comfortable. Rubbed my shoulders raw.
That reminds me of my cousin's husband he's coaching the JV team in my hometown and their uniforms were in so bad of shape that he told the school just to take his salary and use it to buy new uniforms for the kids.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
buddy (former user @yoga_pants) just text me this old Mangino joke:

Mangino gets lost driving north of Kansas City, so he pulls off the side of the road. A state trooper pulls in behind and taps on mangino's window. Mangino asks the trooper, "can you tell me how i get back to 435?" Trooper replies, "diet and exercise."

betsch

Safety
And the more I think about it, the worse it is. It isn't even like when Louisiana Tech came in and Troy Edwards put up 400 yards receiving on the blackshirts. At least they had a superstar and we just couldn't stop him, AND we still won the game. Georgia Southern was just a TEAM that kicked our defense's butt......

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
And the more I think about it, the worse it is. It isn't even like when Louisiana Tech came in and Troy Edwards put up 400 yards receiving on the blackshirts. At least they had a superstar and we just couldn't stop him, AND we still won the game. Georgia Southern was just a TEAM that kicked our defense's butt......
So bad…please stop. Just when I think I’m starting to turn the corner on that game, you take me further into the darkness. I’m almost to a point where I will have to go to the other site and starting reading BigCL posts soon.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds