Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wait...Matt Rhule respects PJ Fleck? And they're friends?? (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

Asked for his opinion of Minnesota coach PJ Fleck and his team – NU’s first opponent Aug. 31 – Rhule offered high praise.
“They play football the way Nebraska did for many years,” Rhule said. “The way we want to play it. They run the football. They don’t turn the ball over – they win the turnover battle. They’re 50% on third down. On defense, they don’t give up big plays – they stop the run – and they’re one of the best third down defenses. They end up winning time of possession, they make it a physical battle and they win the game in the fourth quarter.

“That’s the recipe to win. I respect that.”
Rhule said he considers Fleck “a friend.” Minnesota has beaten Nebraska four straight times. Fleck is 5-1 against the Huskers.

Wtf guys

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wouldn't read too much into that, but I do think we'll play similar to that style of football THIS year just because we don't have the WR's needed to open up the offense

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
rodgers-tablet.gif

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
"Sloganeering" and massive dooshiness aside, PJ is a good football coach. Minnesota wins by playing disciplined, fundamental football. Something that has been missing at Nebraska for many years now.

Not surprised by Rhule's comments.
Also, Rhule has a healthy amount of sloganeering... OOU DBO RVD etc...

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
He projects a lot more humility than PJ does. That's the key for someone with a loud, commanding personality like that.
Rhule is the kind of man I'd want to send my kids to. Now, let's knock on wood and hope he doesn't turn out to have some weird residual Penn St. trauma that plays itself out here...but he's got my respect thus far for sure.

GBR305

Linebacker
I can't believe I thought Scott Frost was so much better than PJ Fleck at one point.

Rhule and Fleck coached against each other in 2010-2011 when Rhule was Temple's OC and Fleck was Rutgers' WR coach. Maybe that's the tie-in?

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I can't believe I thought Scott Frost was so much better than PJ Fleck at one point.

Rhule and Fleck coached against each other in 2010-2011 when Rhule was Temple's OC and Fleck was Rutgers' WR coach. Maybe that's the tie-in?
He explains where they met, but I can't remember the details. Said they had dinner together with their wives.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds