Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Talk me off the ledge…. (1 Viewer)

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I've come to grips. That. Despite my disdain for PeeJay Fleck. After seeing their dismantling of MSU. He would be a great fucking hire.

His teams run the damn ball. With massive human beings. Play good defense. He’s not afraid to fire assistant coaches who aren’t hacking it.

Talk me off the ledge.

Jump

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
nooo GIF

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Here’s my take…

Fleck fits better at Minnesota where there is a smaller microscope on him. There is a lot of smoke around his former players surrounding how much they don’t like him. Authenticity is a low grade. It works in Minny because not enough people really care and most of their players are just happy to be playing major football. But here we have players that have more options and when they start dealing with his shit daily they aren’t going to be developed and we’ll have a rough locker room. With lessor talent at Minny I think he’ll do better than with our talent and his gimmick.

That said, he’s either cut out of the same cloth as Urban or he’s entirely full of shit.

If he leaves Minny I think it’s also because he recognizes this is his last good year for some time. Building toward this, it works and they win the division again, then he dips.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We have to accept that we have one of the most conservative old fashioned fan bases in the country. If he was our coach I think many would eat up his big statements, Run Da Dam Ball mentality, talk about our tradition and bragging about everything Nebraska has to offer. However his personality is so Un-Nebraska Like. I don't think they would accept him overall as he is too flashy and seems to want to be the center of attention. Our fans aren't good with change and I think he would rub many of our old school fans the wrong way as his flashy personality can be a bit much at times. And can you imagine the little old biddies and what they would think about his new wife? This picture is so Un-Nebraska. Coach with a flashy Velvet Tuxedo Jacket, Champagne and Pipe with his wifey under arm with her big ole Arm Sleeve Tattoo and cleavage.

View attachment 14142
Looking forward to the olds dying off

betsch

Safety
To be honest, I give little shits about recruiting. Because it hasn't mattered worth a fuck here. They're obviously developing guys. They had 4 new starters this year on the OL. It'd be great to get a guy that is a recruiter and a developer. But I'd prefer the latter, because with our resources, you'll still get good recruits.

But I think recruiting to Minny would be much hard than Nebraska. That cold perception is probably a whole lot worse than the cornfield perception of Nebraska.
Dammit you're starting to sell me.....kill me now lol

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's shown he's a good coach. Period.

And he's douchey...for a wide variety of reasons. Just wouldn't fit into our idiotic Nebraska culture.

He would win here.

and more than one thing can be true at once.

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here’s my take…

Fleck fits better at Minnesota where there is a smaller microscope on him. There is a lot of smoke around his former players surrounding how much they don’t like him. Authenticity is a low grade. It works in Minny because not enough people really care and most of their players are just happy to be playing major football. But here we have players that have more options and when they start dealing with his shit daily they aren’t going to be developed and we’ll have a rough locker room. With lessor talent at Minny I think he’ll do better than with our talent and his gimmick.

That said, he’s either cut out of the same cloth as Urban or he’s entirely full of shit.

If he leaves Minny I think it’s also because he recognizes this is his last good year for some time. Building toward this, it works and they win the division again, then he dips.
We still doing the microscope thing after the Nebraska media made it clear that Frost didn't even need to wipe before they tongued his butthole?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds