Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Yeah, a lot of states have their gas tax rates set in cents per per gallon, and haven't actually raised them in decades because it's hard to find the political will to do the job. And often, the roads are either left to rot, or they have to build toll roads & 'Lexus lanes' for those who can afford to pay.

Yeah, a lot of states have their gas tax rates set in cents per per gallon, and haven't actually raised them in decades because it's hard to find the political will to do the job. And often, the roads are either left to rot, or they have to build toll roads & 'Lexus lanes' for those who can afford to pay.

Damn shame the DCC prevents us from actually having higher taxes for people with luxury foreign vehicles, I’d love it if my brother in laws douche Mercedes and Rolls Royce got taxed at a higher rate than my Silverado.

ron-swanson-usa.gif

Damn shame the DCC prevents us from actually having higher taxes for people with luxury foreign vehicles, I’d love it if my brother in laws douche Mercedes and Rolls Royce got taxed at a higher rate than my Silverado.

ron-swanson-usa.gif
That would be one of the very few taxes I would be opposed to. As someone who is openly Audi 4 Lyfe, this would directly impact me and that's simply unacceptable.

Gas tax is one of the easiest taxes to increase that would bring in billions of revenue cus people would barely notice or not at all. So dumb it hasn’t been raised in decades.

ron-swanson-usa.gif
There's a luxury vehicle tax on personal property tax. Not sure how they decide what it applies to. Seems kind of random to me.

How excited does this make you?

I didn’t exchange/buy any rubles, didn’t you buy the dip?

I need the Indian rupee to do something like this, it’s worse than it was prior to the “official” invasion of Ukraine.

My idiot Father in Law has like 60 million stupid rupees stuck in India and the rupee has fallen so far that it’s only worth like maybe $800,000 right now… we have been telling him for a decade to withdraw it all and exchange it. If he had listened to us that would be over $1mil right now.

like I said, fucking idiot

Edit: PS: the Indian banks cap how much you can withdraw per day and you have to do it in person. Cap is like $2mil rupees per day… so whenever he does decide to bring it over he is gonna have to spend a month straight walking his ass down to the bank and making a withdrawal. Fucking idiot

I need the Indian rupee to do something like this, it’s worse than it was prior to the “official” invasion of Ukraine.

My idiot Father in Law has like 60 million stupid rupees stuck in India and the rupee has fallen so far that it’s only worth like maybe $800,000 right now… we have been telling him for a decade to withdraw it all and exchange it. If he had listened to us that would be over $1mil right now.

Edit: PS: the Indian banks cap how much you can withdraw per day and you have to do it in person. Cap is like $2mil rupees per day… so whenever he does decide to bring it over he is gonna have to spend a month straight walking his ass down to the bank and making a withdrawal. Fucking idiot
There's no type of investment account you can fund it with? That's annoying.

There's no type of investment account you can fund it with? That's annoying.

Yeah the sketchy bank in India is better (20% guaranteed) than any investment account you could get here because it’s owned by the Mumbai mafia to wash money.

That’s why my idiot FIL put his money there and also the reason why they have a withdrawal per day cap.

Classic 3rd world shit

Ahh, rubles/rupee. I haven't ever gone forex as I feel like that would be great way to either lose a ton or basically make absolutely nothing.

On the bright side, at least your FIL isn't holding those funds in Iraqi dinars, lol.

Yeah the sketchy bank in India is better (20% guaranteed) than any investment account you could get here because it’s owned by the Mumbai mafia to wash money.

That’s why my idiot FIL put his money there and also the reason why they have a withdrawal per day cap.

Classic 3rd world shit
Is this bank called ICICI? You want to do a FinCEN for me?

Ahh, rubles/rupee. I haven't ever gone forex as I feel like that would be great way to either lose a ton or basically make absolutely nothing.

On the bright side, at least your FIL isn't holding those funds in Iraqi dinars, lol.
Pretty much anything international in my eyes is high risk and low reward.

I'm sure there is something I've forgotten but doesn't seem like you have the same margin for error internationally.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back