Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

When you can describe your football team as a "deep value" things aren't going well.

maxresdefault.jpg

Been surprising to me how much Russia-Ukraine has had a business impact. Didn't think about it when it first broke out, but I know a bunch of SaaS companies have had to exit Russia relationships as a result of the sanctions.

Keep rolling up on $XOM calls.

Between that and TSCO not much green..

Eyeing some F and AMD calls

I went hard on XOM, BP and COP on the last week of Feb. What indicators are you keeping an eye out for to tell you to take your money and run?

I’m usually a “buy it and forget about it” guy, but when I see I’m up about 20 large in this volatile of a market I’m sweating the shit out of it.

Somebody must've went hard on DGP (2x gold ETN) today - it shot up 18%, when gold was only up a tenth of that. Average daily volume is around 11k, but today it was about 427k. Sold some of mine just before new year, kicking myself for that right about now, lol.

Shot up even more this morning. DGP and UGL are both 2x gold, normally they follow about the same trend.

AyWHIlr.png

I went hard on XOM, BP and COP on the last week of Feb. What indicators are you keeping an eye out for to tell you to take your money and run?

I’m usually a “buy it and forget about it” guy, but when I see I’m up about 20 large in this volatile of a market I’m sweating the shit out of it.
Basically for as long as the narrative remains the same I am rolling those calls. Trying to sell the spike and reinvest on the dips.

So last week I bought...
80c's for .6 sold them for 1.4
Waited bought 81c's for .54 sold for 1.3
Bought 82c's for .45 sold for .85 (this was Friday) got out of this too early IIRC, but on Friday's I am usually quicker to sell these.

I didn't love the price of the calls this morning, but I am in the 90c right now for a smaller cost basis given the OI was there and 87.5c.

I am basically using levels to justify my buys with. News is with the trade right now too.

I looked at Oil was up this morning an XOM was down. So bought it there.

1646676038594.png

Basically for as long as the narrative remains the same I am rolling those calls. Trying to sell the spike and reinvest on the dips.

So last week I bought...
80c's for .6 sold them for 1.4
Waited bought 81c's for .54 sold for 1.3
Bought 82c's for .45 sold for .85 (this was Friday) got out of this too early IIRC, but on Friday's I am usually quicker to sell these.

I didn't love the price of the calls this morning, but I am in the 90c right now for a smaller cost basis given the OI was there and 87.5c.

I am basically using levels to justify my buys with. News is with the trade right now too.

I looked at Oil was up this morning an XOM was down. So bought it there.

View attachment 8018

Beautiful, on 2/24 I moved about 80% of my “I’m a wannabe day trader portfolio to energy (oil), mining and crypto.

HLX which I’ve held a few thousand shares of ever since my idiot friend said it’s a “can’t miss” at the start of COVID is even doing alright for me.

Crypto continues to burn me every fvcking time - I just need to stay the hell out.

EQX has been killing it for me too thankfully.

I just found out the stupidest guy from my law school class got elected to be a Missouri state legislature. (I think in 2020 but I don’t keep up with alumni shit)

This idiot failed 3 classes (Contracts, Crim, Property) and had to take extra classes to get his GPA over the minimum level to be awarded a diploma. (He never even attempted to take the bar)

Anyways, the point of this story is that politicians are idiots… so Cathie Wood will probably soon run for office.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back