Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

But AAPL has made a big push with their "Fitness +" subscription, so IMO the hardware makes sense as an integrated piece of that overall strategy.
Oh I dont think it is a bad fit with AAPL.

I just thought it was a good opportunity for Netflix to diversify their business. Now venturing into hardware could be a bad fit.

Plus, Netflix is getting kicked in the junk this morning for missing new subscriber acquisitions last quarter. Apparently, there are only so many folks left who want to watch the Obama biographies. Sad.
Maybe raising the price before earnings wasn't a great move haha

I just feel their business is too narrow to grow close to what they have now that market is becoming more and more saturated.

But AAPL has made a big push with their "Fitness +" subscription, so IMO the hardware makes sense as an integrated piece of that overall strategy.

Plus, Netflix is getting kicked in the junk this morning for missing new subscriber acquisitions last quarter. Apparently, there are only so many folks left who want to watch the Obama biographies. Sad.
Netflix’s content has really gone to shit for the most part and I think that’s a big part of their problem

Ethereum

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Netflix’s content has really gone to shit for the most part and I think that’s a big part of their problem

They were taking on an unsustainable amount of debt to produce a lot of their content. Who knew it might come back to bite them in the ass?

NASDAQ futures already down 1.5% ahead of market opening. Looks like it's gonna be another great week!

Edit: Woo, just an hour later we're down 2.5%!

Last edited:
What a weird day. I ended up finishing down about half a percent overall, which is a whole hell of a lot better than things were looking this morning!

Might as well include this one here...

Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy asked “Do you think inflation is a political liability in the midterms?” Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer - Biden sarcastically replied "It’s a great asset, more inflation." Followed by...

M8GUFci.gif

In 2017, the same Fox News correspond asked John McCain if he would block Trump's whole agenda.

McCain responded "Why would you say something that stupid? Why would you ask something that dumb? ... That's a dumb question."

In addition to being a stupid son of a bitch, Peter Doocy is also the son of Fox and Friends co-host Steve Doocy.

FF-i8GmXsAYwtlA

Might as well include this one here...

Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy asked “Do you think inflation is a political liability in the midterms?” Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer - Biden sarcastically replied "It’s a great asset, more inflation." Followed by...

M8GUFci.gif

In 2017, the same Fox News correspond asked John McCain if he would block Trump's whole agenda.

McCain responded "Why would you say something that stupid? Why would you ask something that dumb? ... That's a dumb question."

In addition to being a stupid son of a bitch, Peter Doocy is also the son of Fox and Friends co-host Steve Doocy.

FF-i8GmXsAYwtlA

would have been awarded the Purple Heart and a Pulitzer had the bad orange man been POTUS

PS: I consider it a compliment that you used my meme, initiation in the highest form of flattery and all that jazz

Came to the thread cuz my Dad told me he bought GM stock today.

No, not because he is buying a dip and thinks there will be a gain with some new announcement..... but because he himself is planning on buying a Silverado or Sierra (new or used, he hasn't decided yet)

Either way, he is confident his singular purchase of a new or used pickup between $30-60,000 is gonna push the stock.

*CONSIDER THIS AN INSIDE TIP*
BossyOffensiveDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back