Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

FI8xTyrWQAMc9I9

I look forward to seeing the terminally online faux heroes dissent into depression and ruin when meme stocks, NFTs and crypto crash and burn.

95% of financial and business Twitter/Reddit/etc are posers and their popularity is the love child of the pandemic creating rapid swings in markets and a large population of people now at home/online more often (AKA a literal captive audience for content creators)

ex: look no further than Portnoy (I've been a Stoolie since 2014, he is notoriously bad with business decisions and stocks in particular) in 2020 he suddenly became an above mentioned faux hero. I mean shit there was a stretch there when he was on MSNBC or Fox News everyday and the dude literally doesn't understand the basics of what he is talking about.

I will always remember the Rundown when he admitted to "shorting the fuck out of PENN" and Big Cat and KFC were like "uhhhh what? We can't do that." I'm guessing he got a no more trading PENN or else lecture after that because that alone warranted a SEC investigation and likely fine. If I was in house counsel for PENN I'd have made that a Day 1 Rule for his DDTG schtick.

Last edited:
Don't celebrate too early, bud...when inflation starts dropping hard in April/May, I'm gonna be in here demanding you send an apology letter to King Powell for showing such disrespect.
I wouldn't be surprised to see things leveling off by then 2-3% (more than likely a little later in the year) but I don't see deflation in the coming year.

Speaking of @BingoDingo I think my favorite series of posts over on TOS is the bare shelves conversation. Every time someone says:

Yeah well try buying (insert good or service).

Bingo response is:

I just got one of those yesterday no problems. Followed by some other smart ass comment.

Every single time it happens there's another 20 posts of Yeah well Arizona must be different than here or you must have got lucky or just some nonsensical angry bullshit about why his experience is out of the ordinary.

Cracks me up that they bite on it every single time.

I look forward to seeing the terminally online faux heroes dissent into depression and ruin when meme stocks, NFTs and crypto crash and burn.

95% of financial and business Twitter/Reddit/etc are posers and their popularity is the love child of the pandemic creating rapid swings in markets and a large population of people now at home/online more often (AKA a literal captive audience for content creators)

ex: look no further than Portnoy (I've been a Stoolie since 2014, he is notoriously bad with business decisions and stocks in particular) in 2020 he suddenly became an above mentioned faux hero. I mean shit there was a stretch there when he was on MSNBC or Fox News everyday and the dude literally doesn't understand the basics of what he is talking about.

I will always remember the Rundown when he admitted to "shorting the fuck out of PENN" and Big Cat and KFC were like "uhhhh what? We can't do that." I'm guessing he got a no more trading PENN or else lecture after that because that alone warranted a SEC investigation and likely fine. If I was in house counsel for PENN I'd have made that a Day 1 Rule for his DDTG schtick.
Just wait until the short squeeze of the Millennium happens. You'll literally kill yourself for not sinking your life savings into shares of a unprofitable company in a dying industry.

Just wait until the short squeeze of the Millennium happens. You'll literally kill yourself for not sinking your life savings into shares of a unprofitable company in a dying industry.

I love pointing out that China is mass mining bitcoin or the Modi twitter hack pump and dump of bitcoin to Crypto Bros who think a decentralized no rules currency is totally awesome and in no way easily manipulated to the point of eventual crash.

Not to mention the FBI has officially twice now broke into a bitcoin wallet with a trojan horse. These are public indictments and subject to discovery.... if the FBI DGAF about disclosing they did this publicly how bad do you think bitcoin has been penetrated by the virgins at NSA or any other foreign intelligence agencies?

I love pointing out that China is mass mining bitcoin or the Modi twitter hack pump and dump of bitcoin to Crypto Bros who think a decentralized no rules currency is totally awesome and in no way easily manipulated to the point of eventual crash.

Not to mention the FBI has officially twice now broke into a bitcoin wallet with a trojan horse. These are public indictments and subject to discovery.... if the FBI DGAF about disclosing they did this publicly how bad do you think bitcoin has been penetrated by the virgins at NSA or any other foreign intelligence agencies?
Soooo ... I need to start paying my "blood boy" in cash instead of crypto? 🤔

China was definitely a big dog in the early run up of BTC, but they've officially cracked down on it and have tossed most of the mining operations due to energy use. No idea if "Satoshi" is affiliated with the Chi-Coms or not, but given their interest in hacking I sure wouldn't rule it out.

Soooo ... the TX energy debacle, but in Europe. Always have a backup plan. I can appreciate the use of renewable energy as an offset to reduce dependency on fossil fuels, but they should serve redundantly. It appears the only European nation that's doing energy right is France, and their primary source is nuclear.

Soooo ... the TX energy debacle, but in Europe. Always have a backup plan. I can appreciate the use of renewable energy as an offset to reduce dependency on fossil fuels, but they should serve redundantly. It appears the only European nation that's doing energy right is France, and their primary source is nuclear.

Europe lacks the wind speed to make wind turbines worth it.

Europe lacks the sunlight to make solar power worth it.

And yet they persist Global Warming is the biggest issue but refuse nuclear power. Germany just took 3 nuclear power plants offline this week, the amount of wind turbines and/solar panels located in Germany that will be needed to equal that lost production is laughably high.

The conflicting Euro views on Global warming and Nuclear Power strike again.

Good example of why I want Crypto to crash so hard the crypto bros all commit mass suicide.

My worst "could have" investment was when I didn't know anything and had a $10k yolo order (was my whole savings) lined up on Bitcoin when it was at $250 dollars and I was rollin out of college..

Now I long for the crypto crash just so I don't cry as hard at night.

Thoughts on $DWAC? I bought several months ago and it’s been moving the last few trading days.

I worry since it’s tied to Trump that if it starts moving Robinhood and the media will go out of their way to sink it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back