Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

@God is a Husker How about this for perspective: At its peak, Enron had a total market cap of about $70 billion, so Alibaba has lost about five Enrons.

Last edited:
@God is a Husker How about this for perspective: At its peak, Enron had a total market cap of about $70 billion, so Alibaba has lost about five Enrons.

Alibaba is also a great lesson that it doesn’t matter who you are, if you live in China and the Party wants you to disappear… you gone.

Alibaba is also a great lesson that it doesn’t matter who you are, if you live in China and the Party wants you to disappear… you gone.
Big reason why I don't like international investing. I'm very selective if I ever go international. Frankly I'll use an active manager because they are worth it.

The last 15 ish years all international investing has done is increase volatility without the appropriate return.

Big reason why I don't like international investing. I'm very selective if I ever go international. Frankly I'll use an active manager because they are worth it.

The last 15 ish years all international investing has done is increase volatility without the appropriate return.

India is the same way.

We know some Indians (not relatives) that have made millions on what can only be described as insider trading.

Ive talked about my FIL’s former sketchy Indian investing before but tons of Indians still do it and don’t understand/care that it’s almost certainly illegal. Like a savings account that has a 25-50% guaranteed interest rate… like bruh best case the Mumbai mafia owns the bank and is washing money or worst case it’s a Ponzi scheme.

FCyT2OxXMAED6Cm

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/27/us/politics/democrats-rush-rewrite-tax-code.html?smid=tw-share

75159110.jpg

Mrs. LHR has Fox Business on 24x7x365. Varney just dropped the Democratic "talking points" (they're calling it a platform as there's no actual language behind it ... yet), and it's 1.7 Trillion dollars over a 10 year period. $400B to beef up the IRS - OMFG - and another $500B+ for green energy initiatives. They've tossed in some child care and hearing benefit coverage within Medicare to try to get the soccer moms and AARP crowd on board, but holy mother of Titleist golf balls, that's a lotta money.

Mrs. LHR has Fox Business on 24x7x365. Varney just dropped the Democratic "talking points" (they're calling it a platform as there's no actual language behind it ... yet), and it's 1.7 Trillion dollars over a 10 year period. $400B to beef up the IRS - OMFG - and another $500B+ for green energy initiatives. They've tossed in some child care and hearing benefit coverage within Medicare to try to get the soccer moms and AARP crowd on board, but holy mother of Titleist golf balls, that's a lotta money.
1 trillion seconds is 31,710 years

Everybody should know that before they say "x trillion dollars isn't a lot of money "

I bought at $4. Trimmed at about $12 and just letting the profits run.

I really like the new CEO.

I think I’m gonna hold my Ford and US Steel (and NMG) until they pass whatever Frankenstein bill they are gonna pass. I feel like at a minimum 1 or 2 of those positions will rise due to the spending.

(Also still long on Nelnet for ultra safe, I’m not even gonna think about selling that until 2022 after the Dems finally announce what they will/won’t do regarding student loans)

I finished up on the day. Your market timing predictions seem a bit suspect, Faux. 🤔
Same. Clawed back for a minor "up" for the day, but it was in fact an "up" and I'll take all of those I can get, large & small. October was a MUCH better month for Clan LHR than September was. Fuck that month - twas baaaaad.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back