Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Twitter with the streak-busting drop (9% after hours ... so far). EABOD, Jack Dorsey.

Think they miss having Trump on there yet?

Good morning to all DOGE owners 👀

Morning Dell.

Muscle GIF by Shibetoshi Nakamoto

YUGE miss in the jobs report #'s this morning. Good for the NASDAQ; bad for the DOW.
Great for faux 😎

I wonder why we missed on the jobs number?

I always think that for as long as we have the enhanced unemployment we are going to struggle to get unemployment down and labor participation up.

The brain washing in this country has reached next level. The amount of people who now rely on the government for assistance is absurd.. Granted they are entry level jobs but drive down any main street and nearly every business is asking for workers with large signs.
For my job I work with several different businesses across different industries. I was just talking with my boss this morning how alarming it is that several of these businesses are looking for employees now.

When you ask them why the answer is always the same. It’s always something along the lines of, “They don’t have to work so we don’t get applicants”. It’s been wild hearing the amount of clients saying the same thing just over the past month.

Last edited:
Great for faux 😎

I wonder why we missed on the jobs number?

I always think that for as long as we have the enhanced unemployment we are going to struggle to get unemployment down and labor participation up.
Larry Kudlow was on the Maria Bartiromo show right after the #'s dropped. He basically said, "Ignore the report". Focus on the jobs that WERE added (something like 288K) and that the ADP and other indicators were way above that reported number. Larry kinda-sorta hinted that the # was political, and that the Democrats would use it to try and bump their current spending plans up from the $4 Trillion towards a $6 Trillion number.

Per the discussion above on the pay-to-stay home employees, the number that was ABOVE the actual jobs added was in the sector that included waiter/waitresses, etc. That sector added 311K jobs, but there were actual losses in other key segments (80 or 88K in manufacturing) that were of bigger interest to Kudlow. Apparently, those jobs ARE being filled and fewer of those folks were staying home and collecting the swollen unemployment compensation plans available to them.

I don't necessarily agree with everything Kudlow says, but he's been following this stuff or a long, long time and has a different perspective than I do. It will be interesting to see how Congress reacts to this in the days and weeks ahead, and to see if there are any "adjustments" made to this report going forward (it's not uncommon to have these snapshot reports adjusted downstream). Still, one helluva "swing and a miss" with respect to forecast vs. actual by this administration.

Larry Kudlow was on the Maria Bartiromo show right after the #'s dropped. He basically said, "Ignore the report". Focus on the jobs that WERE added (something like 288K) and that the ADP and other indicators were way above that reported number. Larry kinda-sorta hinted that the # was political, and that the Democrats would use it to try and bump their current spending plans up from the $4 Trillion towards a $6 Trillion number.

Per the discussion above on the pay-to-stay home employees, the number that was ABOVE the actual jobs added was in the sector that included waiter/waitresses, etc. That sector added 311K jobs, but there were actual losses in other key segments (80 or 88K in manufacturing) that were of bigger interest to Kudlow. Apparently, those jobs ARE being filled and fewer of those folks were staying home and collecting the swollen unemployment compensation plans available to them.

I don't necessarily agree with everything Kudlow says, but he's been following this stuff or a long, long time and has a different perspective than I do. It will be interesting to see how Congress reacts to this in the days and weeks ahead, and to see if there are any "adjustments" made to this report going forward (it's not uncommon to have these snapshot reports adjusted downstream). Still, one helluva "swing and a miss" with respect to forecast vs. actual by this administration.
Kudlow is very interesting. Not sure how long he will have his own show, but he has a lot of knowledge behind him.

Him in an interview is abouT the max I can listen to him.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back