Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of payment cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/HUxB9rsRo7

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

Whats your guys thoughts on HYFM?

Another pick and shovel strategy on the pot play. GRWG is my other strategy on the pot trade.
  • Big earnings beat
  • 57% sales growth (GRWG 142%)
  • Isn't carrying a ton of debt
  • Trading at 5X sales and 92X earnings (GRWG 12X and 74X)

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of payment cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.
I just registered. Appreciate it

I signed up too

I've approved you 2... It's crazy, I didn't realize that I first found out about this 3 years ago and had signed up for it back then. Maybe, just maybe this thing will take off and I'll actually have gotten in on the ground floor of something for once! Nah, with my luck it'll just end up being a big fat burger, but hey, a guy has to dream...

Fwiw between Todayi and Tuesday there have been almost 700k options on Ford traded with almost 90% being calls

Fwiw between Todayi and Tuesday there have been almost 700k options on Ford traded with almost 90% being calls

I can only think of 2 reasons why.

1.) Biden is giving Ford some sort of stimulus money so Ford can sell the new electric F150 (currently with a $60k or $40k option) at their Gasoline model price of $30k or cheaper. Ford sells almost a million F150s every year, the entire US auto industry currently averages around 250,000 electric vehicles total per year. If Biden pays Ford to essentially sell the new electric F150 at a huge loss BUT at a price point that consumers would purchase it would likely sell more electric F150s than all others combined. Huge feather in the hat for Biden and the global warming lovers of his party. Ford would also benefit by being gifted a corner of the market over their competitors via Government money. Tale as old as time.

2.) A much more likely scenario. Last month Ford announced the movement of an Ohio plant to Mexico. They now got an off the record Biden saying he won't put up a stink if they ship even more operations to Mexico. Biden says he is super pro union but the man is a Swamp creature 100%, the American blue collar worker is a gross animal to beltway politicians. The last move from Ohio to Mexico shifted slightly over 1 Billion. Ok ok, its Ford not a huge deal... but now if Biden gave them the go ahead and they move like 3 or 4 of that level of operations to Mexico the balance sheet is gonna be showing way less overhead which means lots of options for Ford. (ability to carry more credit/debt, dividends, buy outs, etc etc)

Anyways, just put an order in for 100 shares at 12.60 cuz fuck it Go Big Red

I can only think of 2 reasons why.

1.) Biden is giving Ford some sort of stimulus money so Ford can sell the new electric F150 (currently with a $60k or $40k option) at their Gasoline model price of $30k or cheaper. Ford sells almost a million F150s every year, the entire US auto industry currently averages around 250,000 electric vehicles total per year. If Biden pays Ford to essentially sell the new electric F150 at a huge loss BUT at a price point that consumers would purchase it would likely sell more electric F150s than all others combined. Huge feather in the hat for Biden and the global warming lovers of his party. Ford would also benefit by being gifted a corner of the market over their competitors via Government money. Tale as old as time.

2.) A much more likely scenario. Last month Ford announced the movement of an Ohio plant to Mexico. They now got an off the record Biden saying he won't put up a stink if they ship even more operations to Mexico. Biden says he is super pro union but the man is a Swamp creature 100%, the American blue collar worker is a gross animal to beltway politicians. The last move from Ohio to Mexico shifted slightly over 1 Billion. Ok ok, its Ford not a huge deal... but now if Biden gave them the go ahead and they move like 3 or 4 of that level of operations to Mexico the balance sheet is gonna be showing way less overhead which means lots of options for Ford. (ability to carry more credit/debt, dividends, buy outs, etc etc)

Anyways, just put an order in for 100 shares at 12.60 cuz fuck it Go Big Red
Yaaa I put a nice position in at 4.60 iirc back in the middle of the pandemic

Yaaa I put a nice position in at 4.60 iirc back in the middle of the pandemic

I wasn't on the MB anymore to brag about it but I bought PENN at $4.52 and again at $7, sold it all at the end of March right as it started to drop. (held it 370 days baby, long term capital gain life)

made $94,000.... which for me is YUGE because my TD Ameritrade account usually sits around $20-30,000 total value. Win some, lose some, just for fun. Its basically like a Bookie, before I bought a little over $4,000 of Penn my previous biggest order was maybe $1,500.

So that 94k was out of nowhere, bought my wife an Infiniti Qx80 because she was begging for one for all of 2020. (hated spending money on a Japanese vehicle...I remember Pearl Harbor. Plus the vehicle is the color of sperm, appalling.)

I wasn't on the MB anymore to brag about it but I bought PENN at $4.52 and again at $7, sold it all at the end of March right as it started to drop. (held it 370 days baby, long term capital gain life)

made $94,000.... which for me is YUGE because my TD Ameritrade account usually sits around $20-30,000 total value. Win some, lose some, just for fun. Its basically like a Bookie, before I bought a little over $4,000 of Penn my previous biggest order was maybe $1,500.

So that 94k was out of nowhere, bought my wife an Infiniti Qx80 because she was begging for one for all of 2020. (hated spending money on a Japanese vehicle...I remember Pearl Harbor. Plus the vehicle is the color of sperm, appalling.)
the daily show boom GIF

my holdings
-Costco
-nvda
-CRM
-snowflake

These are actually some of my bigger holdings.

Snowflake is in my speculative bucket so I don't have a huge position here.

Watch list
-okta
-American Eagle
-Gap

I also think Toll brothers is one to pay attention to. One of the big macro leading indicators is home building permits. If that is coming down it can be an indication of a pull back coming. So don't care as much about the company, but looking for the macro trend.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back