Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

You think so? I feel like it’s going to explode. People are pent up and want to travel. I know that’s how we feel. We’ll be vacationing first chance we get
I'm with you but I think there's tons of people that are still terrified. Maybe the anxiousness of wanting to go somewhere will win out though.

I'm with you but I think there's tons of people that are still terrified. Maybe the anxiousness of wanting to go somewhere will win out though.
That could be. Maybe it’s the MW attitude but pretty much anyone I associate with, their give a fuck meter is 0 now. One of my buddies seems like he’s constantly taking his family to great wolf lodge. When summertime hits. I’d guess a surge. Maybe not airfare yet. But I’d imagine any lodging will be packed. We had to cancel our family vaca this summer to gulf shores. Kids were pissed. So we’re going to try again this summer. And we’ll do something over spring break.

I’m set to get the 2nd round of vaccine in about 3 weeks. So my give a fuck meter will officially be a 0.

I’m not in the travel industry but work closely with many industry professionals and they’re projecting it’ll be YEARS before it returns to normal. They could be wrong though. Hard to predict how many give zero fucks.

I’m going to Vegas at the end of this month so my give a fuck o meter is definitely at zero.

What are your guy's thoughts on Costco? Hell of a moat and I wonder if this pull back is the time to.....

DisastrousImpartialHellbender-max-1mb.gif

1612500870324.png

I’m not in the travel industry but work closely with many industry professionals and they’re projecting it’ll be YEARS before it returns to normal. They could be wrong though. Hard to predict how many give zero fucks.

I’m going to Vegas at the end of this month so my give a fuck o meter is definitely at zero.
I’m speaking with hotels daily for what I do. While a good amount are still bringing back staff, the revenue isn’t just there for them. There are a lot of projections out there but I would agree. It’s going to be a while before normal numbers come back.

I guess I don’t get it if most people are vaccinated by this summer which they keep saying will be the case. I do know people who have had the chance to get the vaccine say they didn’t get it though and others say they won’t when they have the chance. These are all people who aren’t real old.

To my fellow TPBers that who got in on SNDL....

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

I believe @Jim14510 and @Drue629 mentioned it (sorry if i missed someone)

I debated it and didn't buy.....

the brady bunch ugh GIF by HULU
I got in SNDL at 1.40 or so. Pocketed some profits, bought back in. Bad day for weed stonks, I was also in Tilray, but got in there at $20. They'll rebound, weed isn't going anywhere.

I got in SNDL at 1.40 or so. Pocketed some profits, bought back in. Bad day for weed stonks, I was also in Tilray, but got in there at $20. They'll rebound, weed isn't going anywhere.
If I had more money I'd go pretty hard into the devil's lettuce. It's just a matter of time.

Thinking about putting more $ in GRWG now that it has had a pullback.

But I just think my portfolio is getting a little too speculative.

I owned 400 shares of NVDA at $29 and sold it at $48. I still feel sick to my stomach thinking about that.
I bought 800 shares at $18 back in 2014. Sold the majority all but 100 shares at $32, Sold 50 at $65, then sold 45 at $260...still holding on to 5 share as a reminder of how dumb I am.

That reminder didn't help at all because I bought 4000 shares of RDFN at $12 last year. Sold a few weeks later at $18. Now I'm sad when I see it at $90.

Do you guys invest in any of these EV SPAC plays?
Not EV but had purchase LOAK at $12 before it merged with DNMR. Ended up selling those at $50. A bunch of these SPACs are going to see the bottom drop out once this money printing stops and interest rates start to climb. People tend to forget all the Chinese RTO's we saw a decade ago.

Yeah but they are on the winning side. Price only goes down when they sell to the short sellers.
Wish I would've been on board when all this was going down but it's been crazy over the past month. Sooooooo many people got left holding the bag. I would venture that the majority of normal retail investors have a basis above $200 in GME and are losing their asses. Yes, a bunch of retail clients forced a short squeeze but we can't act like this is the first short-squeeze in history. Hell, I've been a using the site shortsqueeze.com for over a decade. Also, the people made the money weren't WSB. It was owners of fund managed by:
DFA
Fidelity
Vanguard
Blackrock (iShares)

The top 10 owners made up over 70% of GME and those were big institutions.

You can bet your ass that all the CFA's at DFA were laughing their asses off at Andrew Left and other shorts buying all the volume and then once those shorts were covered the big boys were the ones dumping to all the Meme Stonk buyers willing to pay $300 for a company trending towards BK.

I was getting dozens of calls and texts messages from friends/family/clients wondering #1 what was happening and #2 should they get in. So many people dumped their last $5k into GME in the triple digits. Actually had a buddy pay $180 for a $300 put going out 30 days...needed a 60% drop in a month just to breakeven. Easiest money he's ever made though. Hell, I was even trying to sell some GME 900/950 call spreads going out 12 months but couldn't get a fill. Spreads were too narrow. Shit, I would've felt comfortable selling the $950 calls at $50 but all brokers shut down naked call selling because of the volatility.

This was a pretty valuable lesson. if you're learning about a stock going bonkers from a message board about something other than stocks, you're too late to the party. Save your money and buy something you know.

Wish I would've been on board when all this was going down but it's been crazy over the past month. Sooooooo many people got left holding the bag. I would venture that the majority of normal retail investors have a basis above $200 in GME and are losing their asses. Yes, a bunch of retail clients forced a short squeeze but we can't act like this is the first short-squeeze in history. Hell, I've been a using the site shortsqueeze.com for over a decade. Also, the people made the money weren't WSB. It was owners of fund managed by:
DFA
Fidelity
Vanguard
Blackrock (iShares)

The top 10 owners made up over 70% of GME and those were big institutions.

You can bet your ass that all the CFA's at DFA were laughing their asses off at Andrew Left and other shorts buying all the volume and then once those shorts were covered the big boys were the ones dumping to all the Meme Stonk buyers willing to pay $300 for a company trending towards BK.

I was getting dozens of calls and texts messages from friends/family/clients wondering #1 what was happening and #2 should they get in. So many people dumped their last $5k into GME in the triple digits. Actually had a buddy pay $180 for a $300 put going out 30 days...needed a 60% drop in a month just to breakeven. Easiest money he's ever made though. Hell, I was even trying to sell some GME 900/950 call spreads going out 12 months but couldn't get a fill. Spreads were too narrow. Shit, I would've felt comfortable selling the $950 calls at $50 but all brokers shut down naked call selling because of the volatility.

This was a pretty valuable lesson. if you're learning about a stock going bonkers from a message board about something other than stocks, you're too late to the party. Save your money and buy something you know.
Yuuuuup.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back