Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

anyone have their eyes on any bargains to buy in light of this latest shit?

I have an idea of how to save the economy

Season 3 Trailer GIF

Lol, that's a very fake statistic but it needs to be said that slavery was truly abolished in this Country when we ended the Gold Standard. God Bless Nixon!

Bruh the Dwight gif was a joke

Although I did read a very interesting article last week about how the EU gold reserves were kept in London and since Brexit only Portugal and France have got theirs back. England putting the brakes on returning the gold to everybody else that has requested it. (blamed Covid and now have other excuses)

I’d love to see a Euro war over gold like it’s the Middle Ages

Bruh the Dwight gif was a joke

Although I did read a very interesting article last week about how the EU gold reserves were kept in London and since Brexit only Portugal and France have got theirs back. England putting the brakes on returning the gold to everybody else that has requested it. (blamed Covid and now have other excuses)

I’d love to see a Euro war over gold like it’s the Middle Ages
Oh, no...I was saying the first meme was the fake stuff. I was also joking.

3 things stood out to me about watching this video in 2022.

1. Writing this skit required lots of effort and a base level of knowledge on the topic that we rarely see in SNL or comedy shows anymore. The parody commercial has always been a SNL staple, however this skit was both topical and a displayed several lines of dialogue that were specific examples of real things that happened.

2. So many future stars in 1 skit, the past 10 ‘ish years they have been running the show on a 1-3 stars + the Host per skit model.
(not to mention the many other reasons the show has been in rapid decline)

3. Damn seeing the suits/clothes made me feel old. Time capsule AF

Meh, I think their financing is a pretty small fraction of their total revenue and it's only their latest offering round, so probably scarier sounding than it actually is. They are probably the most wasteful company traded though, lol.

I think I sort of like their concept in theory, but idk...I've heard some pretty mixed results from people who have used them. It's pretty clear they need a real CEO and not someone who is simply there because their dad cannot legally run the company, lol.

I like the concept of the company, but fuck they do some stupid shit
Meh, I think their financing is a pretty small fraction of their total revenue and it's only their latest offering round, so probably scarier sounding than it actually is. They are probably the most wasteful company traded though, lol.

I think I sort of like their concept in theory, but idk...I've heard some pretty mixed results from people who have used them. It's pretty clear they need a real CEO and not someone who is simply there because their dad cannot legally run the company, lol.

The article focused more on the modern business model trend of companies piling up loses by creating unnecessary overhead or reckless self indulgent spending.

They used Carvana as an example but talked about how Carvana isn’t even close to being the worst company for losing shit tons of money.

I think the best point the article made on the topic of Carvana was the Covid bump that Carvana got when the traditional in person salesmen model competitors got shut down or limited by Covid laws + many of the e-mail class started working from home and were online even more thus benefiting Carvana.

IMO regardless of anything else the return to more normal times is enough to drop Carvana’s value down. Especially from their previous high which was just ridiculous.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back