Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So um, Bourbon thread? Yeah, Bourbon Thread. (2 Viewers)

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Interesting, I found some spots online stating it was also from Weston, MO where the current, updated distillery is.
Most of the google hits lead to holladay distilling and BJ holladay is Ben holladay however bourbon brands/stories are bought and sold all the time. I found a few sites selling that bottle, most in different languages, but they all said distilled in KY. This site though has a picture of the back and the label says distilled in KY. This site also says who it was distilled by.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Most of the google hits lead to holladay distilling and BJ holladay is Ben holladay however bourbon brands/stories are bought and sold all the time. I found a few sites selling that bottle, most in different languages, but they all said distilled in KY. This site though has a picture of the back and the label says distilled in KY. This site also says who it was distilled by.

Mine looks different than that link. I’d love to be able to say it’s SW but not sure. Then again, maybe this predated the TTB laws as well as the brand recognition of SW meaning anything, so they just said MO.View attachment IMG_0012.jpeg

Picture isn’t loading for some reason.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bowman bros is Buffalo trace juice that they ship to Virginia and run it through a still in Virginia that does nothing but allow them to put distilled on VA on the label. It’s fantastic
100% amazing bourbon. I used to drive by it every day on the way to work and their tasting tour was really fun.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Went to WSB over my lunch hour in Swimtown. No Buffalo Trace, but I picked up Basil Hayden Toast as my liquor of choice.
I live in Bennington, I could hook up a regular for $35 or a barrel pick for $45.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I live in Bennington, I could hook up a regular for $35 or a barrel pick for $45.
For Buffalo Trace? Fuck yeah, I’m down. I used to live in Bennington and I’m still close enough to be like 10-15 minutes away.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I just joined High West Saloon Society but was waitlisted. Has anyone had any luck with it?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I just joined High West Saloon Society but was waitlisted. Has anyone had any luck with it?
I never tried since it’s only Utah it looks like.

Edit: I guess they do ship to Nebraska from that. Anyway, good luck.

IMG_5547.jpeg

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
So who got an OF 1924, and what were your thoughts?
Also, anyone gotten the 117 Angela’s Share?
I don’t want to influence anyone, but DO NOT PAY much over SRP for the 1924. Don’t get me wrong, the nose is incredible, albeit atypical for OF. After 5 pours, I have yet to get the slightest banana hint from it. There are very deep and rich flavors on the palate of oak sugars, caramel, burnt sugar, maybe some light red fruits. But the finish is relatively short (given the $115 tag). If it is offere at that cost, given the limited availability, I’d buy a 2nd bottle, and recommend buying, but I do think an appropriate price is $80. For me, coin flip with 1920 for what I prefer.
PS @HuskerGarrett where is our bourbon/alcohol thread for trades and info sharing?

MaceCakes

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
shopping

Tried this last weekend, really smooth stuff. highly recommend, little on the lighter side since its only 91 proof.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t want to influence anyone, but DO NOT PAY much over SRP for the 1924. Don’t get me wrong, the nose is incredible, albeit atypical for OF. After 5 pours, I have yet to get the slightest banana hint from it. There are very deep and rich flavors on the palate of oak sugars, caramel, burnt sugar, maybe some light red fruits. But the finish is relatively short (given the $115 tag). If it is offere at that cost, given the limited availability, I’d buy a 2nd bottle, and recommend buying, but I do think an appropriate price is $80. For me, coin flip with 1920 for what I prefer.
PS @HuskerGarrett where is our bourbon/alcohol thread for trades and info sharing?
We definitely need this thread. I would trade some

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
So you’re saying 1920 is just as good? I’ve seen both around in stores and heard good things about OF but never tried any of their series (probably because I mostly prefer Ryes). Next time I’m at WBS I may pick one up to try, would you recommend the 1920 or something else in their series? Looking online they do have a Rye I might also look for.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
So you’re saying 1920 is just as good? I’ve seen both around in stores and heard good things about OF but never tried any of their series (probably because I mostly prefer Ryes). Next time I’m at WBS I may pick one up to try, would you recommend the 1920 or something else in their series? Looking online they do have a Rye I might also look for.
I am saying that 1920 is higher proof (which I tend to like), so it is bolder, and to me, has a longer finish. Plus, I can get it for 1/2 the MSRP of 1924 (good luck buying 1924 at MSRP right now). So the value is superior, for a product that I would consider to be on a very equal level.

Last edited:

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
73396113162__DEB81280-9CC0-44FC-AAAF-F96E97231E71.jpeg
Did this flight last Thursday, and I was somewhat sad The Boss Hog was my least favorite, but not bad. That BRT-02 was fantastic, and I’ve been trying to get my hands on one for a couple months. The Amburana Lionheart Rye was also great.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
View attachment 35768
Did this flight last Thursday, and I was somewhat sad The Boss Hog was my least favorite, but not bad. That BRT-02 was fantastic, and I’ve been trying to get my hands on one for a couple months. The Amburana Lionheart Rye was also great.
I used to think makers mark was low end bourbon until last spring dad went to the bourbon trail and brought back a good bottle of it. I’d have to look In his liquor cabinet to see exactly what it was. Needless to say my opinion of it has changed.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds