Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bourbon/spirit trade and info sharing thread (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I’ll continue to talk to myself in this thread because @HuskerGarrett is too busy counting stacks from here and TikTok to move this thread… 🤣
I snagged a Maker’s BEP today. Hopefully it is as good as the BRT.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Yea, the goal was really to get something to discuss trades, where allocations had been dropped, etc. that kind of thing could easily be missed in that big thread.. much like it was at HyVee

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
The only thing I'm really looking for would be a Weller CYPB to complete the weller vertical, have cash and/or blantons gold store pick, old forrester full proof store pick, Larceny barrel proof, EHT small batch, BT store pick(s).

I'm not that interested in trading and I don't really chase allocated stuff anymore, just store picks. I do have a decent collection and buy way more than I can drink, I'd be down for a bottle share type thing or some blind tastings.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I have my favorites, but honestly, I am all up for just grabbing a bottle of bourbon I've never tried before from a place and rolling with it.

But I'm down to do whatever.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
A lot of this stuff was acquired through the bourbon thread on rivals mainboard or the Nebraska bourbon society FB group discord. Way over paid for the blantons on top which are my wedding anniversary and kid’s bdays. Do not zoom in on the dates if you don’t want your head to explode at how those dates are even possible.

I’d be down to share some of this stuff with some blind tastings with some tpb people. No one that I’m friends with IRL drink bourbon. I live in Bennington.

To answer @GAHusker, it’s crazy how different states get things that are allocated in others. For example weller SR is all over KS but allocated in Nebraska.

View attachment IMG_8285.jpeg

View attachment IMG_8289.jpeg

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Aren’t some of these easy to find, like Old Grand Dad 114? I can never tell if some things might be easier to find in certain areas of the country than others?
In some areas, yes. Really depends on your area of the country. I can get it for $24, and really wasn’t referring to that one.
The JD Coy Hill and Wellers aren’t anywhere here except maybe with a Total Wine raffle.. more stuff is starting to show up recently, though

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
A lot of this stuff was acquired through the bourbon thread on rivals mainboard or the Nebraska bourbon society FB group discord. Way over paid for the blantons on top which are my wedding anniversary and kid’s bdays. Do not zoom in on the dates if you don’t want your head to explode at how those dates are even possible.

I’d be down to share some of this stuff with some blind tastings with some tpb people. No one that I’m friends with IRL drink bourbon. I live in Bennington.

To answer @GAHusker, it’s crazy how different states get things that are allocated in others. For example weller SR is all over KS but allocated in Nebraska.

View attachment 36913

View attachment 36914
Yep, there seems to be stark contrasts from state to state on what is available. I’ve been hearing that production went up at several distilleries, though, and demand has waivered, so there is an expectation of more available bottles.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
A few weeks ago we went to a spot in Wichita called "The Humidor" for drinks and cigars. I went hard in the paint on Eagle Rare 10 Yr.

That shit is good.

Doesn't really contribute to threat just wanted to throw that in there.

If anybody ever runs into a Wellers Full Proof...let me know.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The only thing I'm really looking for would be a Weller CYPB to complete the weller vertical, have cash and/or blantons gold store pick, old forrester full proof store pick, Larceny barrel proof, EHT small batch, BT store pick(s).

I'm not that interested in trading and I don't really chase allocated stuff anymore, just store picks. I do have a decent collection and buy way more than I can drink, I'd be down for a bottle share type thing or some blind tastings.
I'm not up to date enough in lingo to know what "Store Pick" is. Can you explain.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
A few weeks ago we went to a spot in Wichita called "The Humidor" for drinks and cigars. I went hard in the paint on Eagle Rare 10 Yr.

That shit is good.

Doesn't really contribute to threat just wanted to throw that in there.

If anybody ever runs into a Wellers Full Proof...let me know.
I have one but it's almost gone. I'm always on the watch for it though because it's one of the few I truly enjoy drinking.

GAHusker

Cornerback
I have one but it's almost gone. I'm always on the watch for it though because it's one of the few I truly enjoy drinking.
I never see any Weller other than the occasional SR or some liquor store trying to do a raffle where even if you win you still have to pay way over MSRP.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm not up to date enough in lingo to know what "Store Pick" is. Can you explain.
Store pick or barrel pick means a liquor store will go to a distillery (or get samples in the mail), sample a few barrels, pick the one they like the best, and buy/bottle the entire barrel. These kind of bottles will usually have a sticker showing the name of the store that picked the barrel.

image.jpg

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Store pick or barrel pick means a liquor store will go to a distillery (or get samples in the mail), sample a few barrels, pick the one they like the best, and buy/bottle the entire barrel. These kind of bottles will usually have a sticker showing the name of the store that picked the barrel.

View attachment 36920
Ok got ya. At a fundraiser last week you could buy a trip to a distillery in Tennessee where you would pick out a barrel and bottle it.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
What are some good cigar blends other than Joseph Magnus? I’m going to a tasting at the liquor store this even of a Starlight a cigar blend. I’ve never had one, but they do seem to be gaining some popularity.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
IMG_1711.jpeg
Dad and I were in Sam’s club earlier this week and wandered through the liquor section and found this so we got a bottle to try it since it was only $30. It’s from Buffalo trace distillery. Neat you get quite a bit more burn than regular BT bourbon but tastes very similar. With Ice it killed the burn and brought out a strong taste of Carmel with vanilla and a hint of cherry. Glad we tried it but I think this will probably be the only bottle we buy because all in all it’s nothing special.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds