Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So um, Bourbon thread? Yeah, Bourbon Thread. (3 Viewers)

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've been drinking. Finished off my Basil Hayden the other day and just broke into my new favorite bourbon Rowan's Creek since I can't find any fucking Blanton's anywhere.

How about you all?

LYmlZ7d.jpg

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My usual go to's are Blanton's, Blanton's Gold, and Weller 12.
Have not had Weller 12. Blantons? Plenty. I've met them, well some of their distillers and marketing people through events in Louisville. He was feeding us Blantons and Gold all night. Was a good night.

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will check that out. Likely heading to get something tonight.

Typically a Woodford Reserve or High West Distillery Double-Rye Whisky guy, but still drink Silent Pool Gin & Fever Tree tonic about 5 to 1 over bourbon.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will check that out. Likely heading to get something tonight.

Typically a Woodford Reserve or High West Distillery Double-Rye Whisky guy, but still drink Silent Pool Gin & Fever Tree tonic about 5 to 1 over bourbon.
Big fan of the High West Double-Rye. I got a chance to visit to visit their distillery after a day of fly fishing in Utah and I've been sold ever since. I had their campfire whiskey earlier this summer and it was ok.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Have not had Weller 12. Blantons? Plenty. I've met them, well some of their distillers and marketing people through events in Louisville. He was feeding us Blantons and Gold all night. Was a good night.
Blanton's has always been my favorite, but I had my first Weller 12 a few weeks ago and I think it passed Blanton's up

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Big fan of the High West Double-Rye. I got a chance to visit to visit their distillery after a day of fly fishing in Utah and I've been sold ever since. I had their campfire whiskey earlier this summer and it was ok.
Campfire is good too. Buddy in my poker league from KY fell in love with campfire after I had him try it.

I’ve been to the High West Restautant and ship in Park City but alas haven’t made it to the actual distillery. Kids it tow makes that complicated.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Campfire is good too. Buddy in my poker league from KY fell in love with campfire after I had him try it.

I’ve been to the High West Restautant and ship in Park City but alas haven’t made it to the actual distillery. Kids it tow makes that complicated.
My visit to the distillery was entirely by accident. I was in SLC for an AAU tournament. My high school boys went swimming at the hotel while I drove a 15 passenger van over the Wasatch range to fish the Weber River. Came across the distillery on my way back and was compelled to stop for research purposes. I'm not a big peaty scotch guy so I'm not the target audience for campfire but shows how creative they are at mixing blends. The Bourye whiskey is pretty cool but costs a little more than 100 dollars in Anchorage. Little steep for a teacher salary at the rate I drank it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds