Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So um, Bourbon thread? Yeah, Bourbon Thread. (4 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know this post is 1.5 years old but I didn’t see it the first time. Blade & Bow is great, but I’ve only ever seen it at the Bulleit distillery.

Where do you go in Omaha? I can’t find anywhere with a selection worth a shit, but then again I’ve really only been looking at grocery stores. I haven’t seen Buffalo Trace once since I moved back here over a year ago.
Wine beer and spirits. Ask for something you're not seeing. All depends who you ask.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well that’s dumb.
The hard to get stuff isn't on the shelves because it would be gone right away. There's stuff that isn't as hard to get as others. So asking someone that knows that will get you one. Asking someone that got hired yesterday might get you nowhere.

They have events and things for the really hard to get stuff. Like that tasting event. You just looking for a regular bottle of Buffalo trace?

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone had this? Just picked it up. I’ve never seen it before. For a $30 bottle it’s got great reviews.

Bowman-Brothers-Virginia-Straight-Bourbon-Whiskey-Small-Batch-Whiskey-Consensus-768x768.jpg

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
The hard to get stuff isn't on the shelves because it would be gone right away. There's stuff that isn't as hard to get as others. So asking someone that knows that will get you one. Asking someone that got hired yesterday might get you nowhere.

They have events and things for the really hard to get stuff. Like that tasting event. You just looking for a regular bottle of Buffalo trace?
Well hell, got 4 bottles of BT in my cabinet…that’s easy to get.

Find me some Elmer T. Lee and we will be Besties!

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Another solid daily drinker is Elijah Craig. Solid and doesn’t break the bank.

Buffalo Trace has been my go to for years, but EG is good when you want to mix it up a bit.

Grabbed a bottle of Eagle Rare recently and that’s always a nice treat. Basically anything from BT is good. Same mash build.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have this one so I guess it’s different but it’s great

View attachment 9137
Yep, if you’re a bourbon guy, has to be on one of your shelves. Have a bottle and a half myself.

Have you had the magenta Rabbit Hole yet? The sherry cask one? Excellent!

Have become a big fan of Wyoming Whiskey too. The cask strength is very good.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yep, if you’re a bourbon guy, has to be on one of your shelves. Have a bottle and a half myself.

Have you had the magenta Rabbit Hole yet? The sherry cask one? Excellent!

Have become a big fan of Wyoming Whiskey too. The cask strength is very good.
I haven’t, I’ll need to get some
For the past couple months (so basically since I turned 30), I feel like shit every time I drink so I haven’t much. Idk what’s going on. It must stop

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I know this post is 1.5 years old but I didn’t see it the first time. Blade & Bow is great, but I’ve only ever seen it at the Bulleit distillery.

Where do you go in Omaha? I can’t find anywhere with a selection worth a shit, but then again I’ve really only been looking at grocery stores. I haven’t seen Buffalo Trace once since I moved back here over a year ago.
I found some down here near STL a few weeks ago and got it, but haven’t opened yet.
Taking it for the fishing trip in a couple weeks. Got some Dickel Single Barrel Select for sipping in the boat, and Blade and Bow for good luck while playing poker.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Look at Kentucky and Tennessee

Price/amount of bourbon (especially for lower batch # companies) is gonna really reflect this between 2026-2030.

FZuEC2BXwAcdpd5

Hopefully Nebraska football is better by then so I won’t need so much whiskey to survive
Contrary to what this map shows things are VERY dry in Beebeetown with corn leaves starting to curl and no rain in the 7-day forecast. Grand old matriarch is not happy...........:(

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds