Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So um, Bourbon thread? Yeah, Bourbon Thread. (3 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bringing this thread back around. What’s everyone added recently?

Last month I added Buffalo Trace, Clyde Mays and Rabbit Hole
Had some more Rock Hill Farms last night and remembered why it’s my favorite of all time.

The wife got me a Blantons Straight From the Barrel for my 30th the other day. Not sure when I’ll open it haha

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Had some more Rock Hill Farms last night and remembered why it’s my favorite of all time.

The wife got me a Blantons Straight From the Barrel for my 30th the other day. Not sure when I’ll open it haha
Good liquor doesn’t do any good sitting in a bottle. I’ve lost too many friends/family to not enjoy the present.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Finally got a bottle of that! Been passively looking for yeeears.

Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Apple Music

Just waiting for a good occasion to crack it open. I’m guessing that will be March 13th after Fred wins the B1G tournament.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
20220326_221757.jpg
I used to drink mostly scotch, but I've recently found a love for bourbon. My bank account thanks me as well. Just picked this up while I was in Texas. It's pretty good. I hope to try Soldier Valley's bourbon soon. It's disappointing it's not distilled in Nebraska like their whiskey, but I hope it's just as good.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Am I totally crazy in my opinion that Buffalo Trace is damn good for the money? I know there’s a ton out there but I fully dig bros

Bourbon boozin on a budget

Top shelf: Buffalo Trace

Mid : Jim Beam

Bottom shelf : Old Crow

Just remember people, it doesn’t matter if you’re a big baller sipping Pappy or you’re white trash drinking Falls City Moonshine…
ron-swanson-parks-and-recreation.gif

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
My girlfriend is vegan so my default is a dijon mustard vinegar based sauce but I'm a sucker for a deviled egg style potato salad. My grandmother had a killer recipe but it died with her, which is a story as old as time regarding recipes.

She will eat salmon and Alaskan seafood so it could be worse. She's not militant about it and I put my foot down pretty early by always referring to it as a fringe diet.

She's lactose intolerant and a big animal lover. She won't go hunting with me but she bought a pair of simms waders and comes out fishing with me. She won't fish but she will net and take lots of pictures so it's a lot like having a personal hype man. It's a tough lifestyle if you stick with it and the faux meat tastes like shit but whatever its her money.

Bruh…. When I started dating my wife the only meat she ate was chicken. Also my wife is lactose intolerant (Asians/Indians are like 5-10x more likely to be lactose intolerant than White people)

11 years later she loves beef, salmon and chicken but hates pork (except bacon) and doesn’t like any seafood other than salmon. (She still won’t eat meat in front of her mom tho. More of a respect thing, her mom knows she eats meat.)

Keep working on her, she will come around.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Attended a buddy's 40th birthday party last night (both my close neighbors are slightly older than I am, but they're both good dudes). We did a whiskey tasting, mostly bourbon (what the host had asked folks to bring), where each guy brought a bottle. It turned out to be just the right number of folks at six, including the guest of honor, so we tried five. The lineup:

Jefferson Ocean
Blade and Bow
High West Campfire (what I brought)
Whistlepig 10
Old Forester - 1897

As I've mentioned here and in other drinking threads, I'm more of a scotch guy when it comes to whisk(e)y. For non-malts, I tend to prefer rye-heavy recipes over high-corn mashbills or wheated bourbons. I'm curious if any of you guys have thoughts on any of the above. The order they're listed are the order in which we tasted them, and I think each one was better than the next: starting from okay-ish/mediocre and ranging up to damn solid.
I know this post is 1.5 years old but I didn’t see it the first time. Blade & Bow is great, but I’ve only ever seen it at the Bulleit distillery.

Picked these up a few weeks ago.

View attachment 7840

Buffalo Trace barrel pick, scout is a Nebraska barrel pick, regular blantons and whistle pig 12 year rye
Where do you go in Omaha? I can’t find anywhere with a selection worth a shit, but then again I’ve really only been looking at grocery stores. I haven’t seen Buffalo Trace once since I moved back here over a year ago.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I know this post is 1.5 years old but I didn’t see it the first time. Blade & Bow is great, but I’ve only ever seen it at the Bulleit distillery.

Where do you go in Omaha? I can’t find anywhere with a selection worth a shit, but then again I’ve really only been looking at grocery stores. I haven’t seen Buffalo Trace once since I moved back here over a year ago.
My local liquor store in SE Nebraska has had Buffalo Trace on the shelf for a few months

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds