Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Season turning from success to failure (1 Viewer)

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Two 3 point losses that could have easily been wins have turned what looked like a resurrection of a downtrodden program into a failure of a season.

I like Rhule but I'm losing faith quickly. I swear to God I’ve never seen a program give so many games away. Something drastic almost has to happen. Deion Fucking Sanders the offense. I’m almost checked out again.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it? Going into the season the vast majority of predictions on here were anywhere from 1-6 wins. We are on the high end of that, in spite of the shitty QB play.

It consistently amazes me how dramatic Husker fans are. When we are losing Nattys under Solich, the whole season was a failure. When we lost conference championship games under Callahan and Pelini, the whole season was a failure.

I'll concede that Riley and Frost in general were failures.

And now, in year one post those two dolts, we are toeing the .500 line for the first time in any of our players careers and it's being called a failure because the team stumbled today.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Is it? Going into the season the vast majority of predictions on here were anywhere from 1-6 wins. We are on the high end of that, in spite of the shitty QB play.

It consistently amazes me how dramatic Husker fans are. When we are losing Nattys under Solich, the whole season was a failure. When we lost conference championship games under Callahan and Pelini, the whole season was a failure.

And now, in year one post those two dolts, we are toeing the .500 line for the first time in any of our players careers and it's being called a failure because the team stumbled today.
It’s gotten ridiculous. Rhule could give us 4 more .500 seasons or we could win a Natty on year 7, but you have to give him a chance to prove it one way or the other, to say you are losing faith after game 10 of year 1 when we are 5-5 is asinine

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I wouldn't call the season a failure. We're trending in the right direction and we're a better team now than we were at any point under Frost.

I do think we need to upgrade at OC and there's a real chance that Satt could end up as Rhule's Cosgrove if he doesn't choose to make a change there.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Two 3 point losses that could have easily been wins have turned what looked like a resurrection of a downtrodden program into a failure of a season.

I like Rhule but I'm losing faith quickly. I swear to God I’ve never seen a program give so many games away. Something drastic almost has to happen. Deion Fucking Sanders the offense. I’m almost checked out again.

Nice mental state

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member

They are the worst fans of all. Can’t enjoy anything. Delusional spoiled entitled babies that leave at halftime

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
You’re losing faith in a coach who has 2 more shots at bowl eligibility for a team that hasn’t been to a bowl since 2016?

What did people actually expect here and how many of these same morons gave SF the full 4 years before they checked out?

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Preseason predictions also assumed a slightly competitive and more difficult B10 West.

A bowl game is still the goal and we should all feel good if that happens, but winning the division looked entirely possible once it was clear the B10 west was a dumpster fire.

This schedule looked easy before the year, and now we know it’s even easier than we could’ve imagined. And we’re not taking advantage of it because we turn the ball over 3 times a game. Not going to a bowl game would be a failure, there’s just no other way to put it.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
They are the worst fans of all. Can’t enjoy anything. Delusional spoiled entitled babies that leave at halftime
Speaking of which, the stadium sure appeared to have a lot of empty seats. I’ve always hated these 11 am games. Fans and team always appear flat.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Im not sure turnovers are the result of coaching or not. There’s so little control of these guys once their on the field
Absolutely. You can coach guys all you want, get them to do things right in practice, and then see them revert to some old pattern or just do something stupid in the pressure of a close game.

Some people just make poor decisions under pressure, time pressure or magnitude of the moment pressure.

Last edited:

doublewing

Running Back
Whenever I start getting a bit depressed about the season, I think about Wisconsin. They aren’t used to sucking like we are. Has to be killing them. Brings a smile to my face. I know I’m a sicko.
They are broken but could get right against our QB's, dipshit OC and turnovers we'll gift them. But yes, they are coming apart under #2ndChoice.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
They are broken but could get right against our QB's, dipshit OC and turnovers we'll gift them. But yes, they are coming apart under #2ndChoice.

Yeah that’s why I’m not expecting to win. We have a knack for giving crap teams new life. But there is joy in their misery

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
I wouldn't call the season a failure. We're trending in the right direction and we're a better team now than we were at any point under Frost.

I do think we need to upgrade at OC and there's a real chance that Satt could end up as Rhule's Cosgrove if he doesn't choose to make a change there.
Thats just not true. The 2018 team down the stretch and the 2021 teams are much better than this years teams. We have 5 wins because we’ve played a laughing stock of a schedule. We are the same shitty team we have been, the Big Ten is just that bad this year.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Absolutely. You can coach guys all you want, get them to do things right in practice, and then see them revert to some old pattern or just do something stupid in the pressure of a close game.

Some people just make poor decisions under pressure, time pressure or magnitude of the moment pressure.

Rhule has seen the turnovers happen and held people accountable for them. He’s not coaching them to happen or allowing them to happen. We are just running out of people to bench at this point.

The way to remedy the issue is to get new guys. I’m not really too upset with the last two weeks. I mean I hate that we lost. But Rhule is kind of out of things to do with this group.

I’m still upset with Satt, yes. But I think people have to get use to the idea he’s going to be here next year most likely.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds