Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Spring '24 Portal Season (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
It's all about to kick off. Who jumps off the train? (Or gets pushed off)

I'm going to guess a few....

WR Jaidyn Doss
CB Syncere Safeeullah
WR?TE?FB Janiran Bonner
OT Jacob Hood
WR?CB? Brice Turner

Obviously, given our current numbers, it'll be more than 5 guys that leave and I really don't think that we'll add anyone at all.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
I think Doss stays, everyone else is a likely candidate to move on

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
I think the guys that were moved from DL to OL are guys to watch as portal guys in the future, especially RuQuan who was playing as a backup DT last year and now is an OG

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
It's all about to kick off. Who jumps off the train? (Or gets pushed off)

I'm going to guess a few....

WR Jaidyn Doss
CB Syncere Safeeullah
WR?TE?FB Janiran Bonner
OT Jacob Hood
WR?CB? Brice Turner

Obviously, given our current numbers, it'll be more than 5 guys that leave and I really don't think that we'll add anyone at all.
I’ve been thinking about this more and chatting with @Carm . A couple names we might be able to take off the counter list are Neyor and Banks as they are grad xfers.

I think our count is 94. We can remove five for converting to walk-on NILership.

Guessing the four will be hard. We tend to focus on who hasn’t been talked about which is the ideal way of doing it. If we don’t lose anyone that will hurt then it’ll be quite the accomplishment for this program.

That said:
  • Syncere is a good one.
  • Brice Turner hasn’t been discussed in football field. Wonder if he focuses on track.
  • Gage Stenger still has had zero discussion despite a bunch of new blood at LB. Seems like he’s been passed by two frosh.
  • AJ Rollins is still a ghost.
  • Brock Knutson hasn’t been talked about other than rumblings that he isn’t fitting in. If he recognizes this he may want to reset the clock at another school.
  • If Emmett Johnson isn’t happy with his position and playing time he’ll be one that hurts.
  • What if Cam or Prince get offered big bags to transfer?
My hesitancy on some of the other names:
  • Hood has reportedly changed his body in the offseason and has been talked about by the staff. Given our lack of true tackles on the OL, I don’t see the staff wanting him gone. And I don’t think he sees better options at this point.
  • Doss is likely in the two deep at this point at WR. He’ll get a lot of snaps at slot. And McGuire rotates his WRs a lot. Unless Mizzou or KSU or KU (something closer to home) come calling with an offer I don’t see him wanting to risk the portal.
  • Buckley is talked about more than about anyone. He appears to be a glue guy who’s settled on who he is on this roster. The coaches won’t chase someone like that out and I don’t think he’s going to go looking for glory elsewhere.
  • Bonner had 110 snaps last year as a freshman who was listed as a FB/TE. That’s significant. Unless someone offers him something he’s probably got the best gig he can have.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I’ve been thinking about this more and chatting with @Carm . A couple names we might be able to take off the counter list are Neyor and Banks as they are grad xfers.

I think our count is 94. We can remove five for converting to walk-on NILership.

Guessing the four will be hard. We tend to focus on who hasn’t been talked about which is the ideal way of doing it. If we don’t lose anyone that will hurt then it’ll be quite the accomplishment for this program.

That said:
  • Syncere is a good one.
  • Brice Turner hasn’t been discussed in football field. Wonder if he focuses on track.
  • Gage Stenger still has had zero discussion despite a bunch of new blood at LB. Seems like he’s been passed by two frosh.
  • AJ Rollins is still a ghost.
  • Brock Knutson hasn’t been talked about other than rumblings that he isn’t fitting in. If he recognizes this he may want to reset the clock at another school.
  • If Emmett Johnson isn’t happy with his position and playing time he’ll be one that hurts.
  • What if Cam or Prince get offered big bags to transfer?
My hesitancy on some of the other names:
  • Hood has reportedly changed his body in the offseason and has been talked about by the staff. Given our lack of true tackles on the OL, I don’t see the staff wanting him gone. And I don’t think he sees better options at this point.
  • Doss is likely in the two deep at this point at WR. He’ll get a lot of snaps at slot. And McGuire rotates his WRs a lot. Unless Mizzou or KSU or KU (something closer to home) come calling with an offer I don’t see him wanting to risk the portal.
  • Buckley is talked about more than about anyone. He appears to be a glue guy who’s settled on who he is on this roster. The coaches won’t chase someone like that out and I don’t think he’s going to go looking for glory elsewhere.
  • Bonner had 110 snaps last year as a freshman who was listed as a FB/TE. That’s significant. Unless someone offers him something he’s probably got the best gig he can have.
I had forgotten Rollins was still on the team.
I only think Doss will leave because of all the Bell and Barney hype. Coaches and insiders jizzing over those two and no mentions of Doss. I think we'll lose a guy in that fashion so I went with him.
I picked Bonner because I heard he was moved back to WR and he probably just sees it as not fitting in anywhere with all the position changes.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I dont see Doss moving on. Otherwise I agree with the rest of the names here so far.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
I would love to know more about Knutson given his high school baggage.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t think anybody knows at this point. First true offseason for Rhule & Co and it appears that the vast majority of the team has bought in.

That said, it’s 2024 and multiple kids will leave. I think we all would prefer that we politely tell non-contributors to kick rocks but I’m sure there will be 2-3 that will leave in their own that we don’t want to see depart the program.

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don’t think anybody knows at this point. First true offseason for Rhule & Co and it appears that the vast majority of the team has bought in.

That said, it’s 2024 and multiple kids will leave. I think we all would prefer that we politely tell non-contributors to kick rocks but I’m sure there will be 2-3 that will leave in their own that we don’t want to see depart the program.
Just pray it’s not Lenhardt or Princewell..

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm 99% sure they have already been offered money to leave and if they were going to leave they'd be gone already, imo
I would agree. Probably got quite the pay raise to stay here as well. Maybe one of the top schools realizes they’re short on edge rushers coming out of spring & makes an offer they can’t turn down..

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
When I was playing against Ty Steinkhuler would give our guys the ol’ dick/nut twist at the bottom of the pile.
"We need more lineman who are psychopaths like Incognito"

"Also, maybe this kid will move on because he got a little stompy"

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

I think Rhule and Co will be pretty transparent and the guys transferring will be ones that it would be best for them to pursue opportunities to play elsewhere IMO.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
"We need more lineman who are psychopaths like Incognito"

"Also, maybe this kid will move on because he got a little stompy"
I think with Knutson it's less about the aggression and more about the fact that of the 4 OL commits in 23 (5 if you count shake shack) he was probably the biggest reach and is the only one that hasn't been mentioned to date.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
Mostly just curious what not fitting in means in Knutson’s case.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds