Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball Official Nebrasketball 23/24 Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Football fan sports GIF on GIFER - by Zulkijind

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Is it a unanimous opinion that the committee will do everything to NOT have us play in Omaha?

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Someone please explain to me how Kenpom has Nebraska at #39 and Michigan State (9-7) at #17. We must have some really bad SOS early on.

redzoner

Cornerback
Someone please explain to me how Kenpom has Nebraska at #39 and Michigan State (9-7) at #17. We must have some really bad SOS early on.
Our current non-con SOS is 302. I think the formulas are a little too biased towards losing to good teams vs. beating bad teams but we have solid non-con road win for our resume so we will be fine.

MSU's SOS is 16 on Kenpom.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
We did have a very weak non-conference schedule, but I truly believe it's the name of the team and Izzo. If Nebraska played MSU's schedue and was 9-7 they wouldn't be on anyone's radar.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We did have a very weak non-conference schedule, but I truly believe it's the name of the team and Izzo. If Nebraska played MSU's schedue and was 9-7 they wouldn't be on anyone's radar.
It's hard not to think that if our team name was Duke with our record and the same schedule.... we'd be 25 spots higher.

The calc almost punishes you for a win against a low SoS team and feels somewhat rewarding for losses against better teams.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds