Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Potentially partnering with the new tMB

I’d prefer we stay away from the crootn board. just my .02, guys in this thread are right, what makes this board fun is that it is a husker board with good posters.

tMB and Crootn board are and have really become Q and right wing echo chambers which I do not and many here do not want to be a part of at all. tMB use to be fun for its shithousery and threads like Fat Wade and Queen Elizabeth, Texas Statues, Steak eating Contest, hacksaw Jim and cat reaper, etc. now if you look there are 15+ political threads. I left tMB for this reason as I don’t want to be associate with that. It would be a matter of time before it overtakes this place as well.

As always HG, it’s your board, your money, etc so do what you think is best for you. Personally if we do it I’ll probably move on

I’d prefer we stay away from the crootn board. just my .02, guys in this thread are right, what makes this board fun is that it is a husker board with good posters.

tMB and Crootn board are and have really become Q and right wing echo chambers which I do not and many here do not want to be a part of at all. tMB use to be fun for its shithousery and threads like Fat Wade and Queen Elizabeth, Texas Statues, Steak eating Contest, hacksaw Jim and cat reaper, etc. now if you look there are 15+ political threads. I left tMB for this reason as I don’t want to be associate with that. It would be a matter of time before it overtakes this place as well.

As always HG, it’s your board, your money, etc so do what you think is best for you. Personally if we do it I’ll probably move on

Regardless what side of the political spectrum you're on, I think most people ( sane people ) are looking for an outlet where they don't have politics shoved in their face, including me. I deleted my FB account for that very reason.

Regardless what side of the political spectrum you're on, I think most people ( sane people ) are looking for an outlet where they don't have politics shoved in their face, including me. I deleted my FB account for that very reason.
Yeah, that's the best part of this board - just straight insideher Husker stuff/good content and no nonsense. I express my unhealthy desire to troll/shitpost Trump folks on TOS and selfishly want to keep it that way lol.

Thanks all. We will keep it as is
FcQ0.gif

Now just let us know what's needed to keep the lights on and give you a little hookers and blow money leftover (tis only fair imo)

I'd vote no. As others have mentioned various good reasons. I'm not in favor of making a social club into a large conglomerate. More variables to eventually devolve it into what tMB has basically become.

I don't have much dog in the fight, other than my opinion.

I like what we have here and would prefer not to have other fanbases infiltrate our thing here.

@HuskerGarrett If cost is an issue maintaining this board ,. perhaps we could collectively work with you on whatever the cost would be and come up with something that would work.
Yes, I would be more than happy to look at the cost side of this, account for some growth, and provide some financial support.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back