Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Potentially partnering with the new tMB

Yeah I think I can help you guys make some $$$.

Fortunately for me, this is like a third order operation in life as I already have a very well paying career and a rental prop business on the side that is booming. However, as we get traction I would like to move this work (building a new platform) to my day job
No we are on the same page profit wise. I’m not in this to make money, just want to make enough to pay for running it.

giphy-downsized.gif

I sent this to G, but wanted to put it here too so my thoughts are public:

G - this is of course up to you, and I will continue to be on TPB and use my purchased mod powers occasionally as I do now either way.

right now, IF it were a vote, my vote would be “no”. We have a great crew here IMO, and I don’t know who sent you the inside info, but if that person is legit and will continue to share info, we honestly have everything we need.

opening this thing up to the masses opens us up to internal (and external) politics, taters, and potentially the need to have set rules and enforce them. Look, we are basically self governed here. There are virtually no rules here, yet we’ve had virtually no issues to date. Everyone, for the most part, gets along great. I’d like to keep it that way. I just feel like opening this place up to more opens up more headaches, that’s just me. Obviously you may have higher ambitions for this board, and I can certainly understand that as you own the site.

if it’s about needing to offset the costs of the site, I am happy to contribute at any time (as I said in my DM to you the other day) - just let me know where things stand once @Jim Numbers gets done running his spreadsheets.

just my 0.02.

Gar, obviously this is your baby and you can do whatever you want, but just so everyone knows, @shiv is either full of shit or is just in it for the tech challenge and not actually paying attention to what's being posted on his board.

A sampling:

hAiYSij.png

8zI9Zcb.png

gqWsH5Z.png

HscnAik.png

9iqp7f1.png

sgb3aMR.png

BCHPdpG.png

cZEl01a.png

YRlaSHQ.png
This is some far out stuff. I don’t even know what the hell they are talking about.

Gar, obviously this is your baby and you can do whatever you want, but just so everyone knows, @shiv is either full of shit or is just in it for the tech challenge and not actually paying attention to what's being posted on his board.

A sampling:

hAiYSij.png

8zI9Zcb.png

gqWsH5Z.png

HscnAik.png

9iqp7f1.png

sgb3aMR.png

BCHPdpG.png

cZEl01a.png

YRlaSHQ.png
Nothing wrong with folks organizing to have their voice heard politically. I will condone zero organization for violence on the platform.

Yes, it is a tech challenge for me.

But you guys don't have to believe me. Just trying to be open with everyone cause its not "us versus them" for me. If ya'll just want to grab Huskers in here tha'ts all good.

I'm not gonna work on how the forums are organized. I'm getting devs together to build something. I've got mods to moderate.

I'm out, but ya'll know where to find me. Thanks for hearing me out.

Nothing wrong with folks organizing to have their voice heard politically. I will condone zero organization for violence on the platform.

Yes, it is a tech challenge for me.

But you guys don't have to believe me. Just trying to be open with everyone cause its not "us versus them" for me. If ya'll just want to grab Huskers in here tha'ts all good.

I'm not gonna work on how the forums are organized. I'm getting devs together to build something. I've got mods to moderate.

I'm out, but ya'll know where to find me. Thanks for hearing me out.
Very clearly a Q friendly site. Hardest of passes. Good luck to ya.

Also, a call to organization and violence is literally in the first post I shared (that also includes a moniker for the netizens of your site). You're full of shit.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back