Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Potentially partnering with the new tMB

No we are on the same page profit wise. I’m not in this to make money, just want to make enough to pay for running it.
I’m no expert but I’m assuming if you would expand this it would require sever upgrades that would up your expenses. Correct?

Personally I enjoy the feel of how this place is now. I’ll check RSS and tMB, but I easily spend most of my forum time here. I like the community we have now even if it isn’t the most active. I fear some sort of tater invasion if we expand. Plus our football games are miserable enough to watch without other people trolling us.

Obviously it’s yore decision. If it could somehow help pay for the site without negatively affecting what you have here, then it’s a win-win. I’m just not sure it would play out that way.

One last thing, you guys should check out some threads on the main forum to get a better feel for our user base than what you are posting here. You will see that the majority taste over there is much lighter and friendly

I’m no expert but I’m assuming if you would expand this it would require sever upgrades that would up your expenses. Correct?

Personally I enjoy the feel of how this place is now. I’ll check RSS and tMB, but I easily spend most of my forum time here. I like the community we have now even if it isn’t the most active. I fear some sort of tater invasion if we expand. Plus our football games are miserable enough to watch without other people trolling us.

Obviously it’s yore decision. If it could somehow help pay for the site without negatively affecting what you have here, then it’s a win-win. I’m just not sure it would play out that way.
Something good about us collaborating is we could share overhead and bankend resources. I'm comfortable bank rolling all of that.

Gar, obviously this is your baby and you can do whatever you want, but just so everyone knows, @shiv is either full of shit or is just in it for the tech challenge and not actually paying attention to what's being posted on his board.

A sampling:

hAiYSij.png

8zI9Zcb.png

gqWsH5Z.png

HscnAik.png

9iqp7f1.png

sgb3aMR.png

BCHPdpG.png

cZEl01a.png

YRlaSHQ.png
ff0c3f4b3922dc0de0080d422de55410ca0fccf8_hq.gif

The “Homeboards” forum I put up could just be where all of the team homeboards are and we could leave everything else alone.

One last thing, you guys should check out some threads on the main forum to get a better feel for our user base than what you are posting here. You will see that the majority taste over there is much lighter and friendly
I’m sure the majority of Parler was lighter and friendly as well but letting shit like what @Blackshirts_Win_'ships shared stick around and go unmoderated is asking for a shutdown or worse.

A hard, hard pass would be my vote.

The “Homeboards” forum I put up could just be where all of the team homeboards are and we could leave everything else alone.
You're still associated with that shit though. All of us would be. There's no amount of private team board that dissociates you from the bullshit. And if/when the feds shut it down, the team board will be shut down as well.

I don't have much dog in the fight, other than my opinion.

I like what we have here and would prefer not to have other fanbases infiltrate our thing here.

@HuskerGarrett If cost is an issue maintaining this board ,. perhaps we could collectively work with you on whatever the cost would be and come up with something that would work.

I want to get your collective thoughts on this.

The guys from the Rivals Main Board created their own board over at www.crootn.com

I’ve been talking with the guys that started it about how we could collaborate together. They asked if we would be interested in basically being the “homeboards“. So we would obviously still have everything we currently have but would create some sub forums for other teams fanbases as well. Thoughts? This would definitely make us more active which would be cool, but we wouldn’t be Nebraska specific anymore

I dig. Just literally don’t get a HUGE head on your shoulders like Dean did with his rapid rise to power/dunking ability

I’m happy to chip in

It's depressing...and dangerous. Really really dangerous. Especially when given oxygen under the guise of "everything else is light, fun, and friendly."

I have people on my SM feeds lamenting the destruction of conservative businesses everywhere solely because Parler got deplatformed for not moderating anything

Kind of ashamed I ever associated with them politically

I have people on my SM feeds lamenting the destruction of conservative businesses everywhere solely because Parler got deplatformed for not moderating anything

Kind of ashamed I ever associated with them politically
I got into the “Trump is a Russian Asset” rabbit hole until I realized he was too stupid to successfully pull something like that off.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back