Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (1 Viewer)

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did you see ones you borderline passed on or just didn't see shit?
We got weathered in on Afognak.
The one day we did hunt, I found the elk.

We ridge hiked a few miles to where we were within 1000 yards of them.....
And I looked up ahead and some fucker was standing above them glassing the valley.
He didn't even see them.
We sat back for a few minutes and then he spotted them.
Moron went around the peak up wind of them and scared them all off.

Other than that, we didn't' see shit.
(Minus a few nice black bears about 3k feet up on the other hunt.)

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I need steel shot for snow goose season. Any leads are appreciated. I'd prefer bb, 2, 1 or even BBB shot.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I need steel shot for snow goose season. Any leads are appreciated. I'd prefer bb, 2, 1 or even BBB shot.
Good luck with THAT search right now.

Edited to add - if you’re near Bennington, I’ve got some random boxes of this in the gun safe I’m not using. PM me if you’re SOL on any other sources.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
View attachment 6788

This photo is a pretty good summary of my trip to South Dakota with a couple buddies last weekend. We filled a 2 day 3 man limit of Walleye - ended up coming close on perch. The empty bottle of fireball and empty Busch light cans are the tip of the iceberg
now that looks like every ice fishing trip i've been a part of.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good luck with THAT search right now.

Edited to add - if you’re near Bennington, I’ve got some random boxes of this in the gun safe I’m not using. PM me if you’re SOL on any other sources.
I gave up rabbit hunting around here because I can’t get steel shot. I work part time at a Sportsmans warehouse and I haven’t seen it come in since August.

A lot of public access around me is steel only.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I gave up rabbit hunting around here because I can’t get steel shot. I work part time at a Sportsmans warehouse and I haven’t seen it come in since August.

A lot of public access around me is steel only.
I saw some Tungsten in 3.5" shells yesterday during a quick search for @kyle23, and figured since they were in 3.5" shells they'd be fine for goose hunting. Nope, a mix of 4-7 shot. Weird load, IYAM and priced at roughly $4/shell. Yikes.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Rogers Sporting Goods sent me an email this morning that they have 3.5" BBB back in stock. Fired off an order for a case right then.

I've been looking for weeks. Maybe I just needed a little tPB luck to find some.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds