Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (1 Viewer)

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Step Brothers Ryan GIF

I have the same North American Slam goal, but like you a 3y/o and 16m/o have temporarily delayed my plans. Still buying preference points for big horn sheep and moose in the interim. Think I have 7/8 a piece now.
Where have you been putting in?

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hoping to hit elk there next year by Jackson Hole. Can draw anytime with my points just need the baby in July to be a touch older.
i've hunted several different areas in wyo. my favorite is the big horns, area 44 or 45 i think. i have the most experience in 67-68-69 east of jackson by dubois. love that area, too. have gotten into some big bulls there. i've also hunted around saratoga in southeast wyo. lots more private land around there, didn't like as much.

the only elk i ever shot was outside meeteetse, south of cody. huge bulls and lots of elk in there, but lots of private land, too and the elk know right where that's at.

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
i've hunted several different areas in wyo. my favorite is the big horns, area 44 or 45 i think. i have the most experience in 67-68-69 east of jackson by dubois. love that area, too. have gotten into some big bulls there. i've also hunted around saratoga in southeast wyo. lots more private land around there, didn't like as much.

the only elk i ever shot was outside meeteetse, south of cody. huge bulls and lots of elk in there, but lots of private land, too and the elk know right where that's at.
Awesome. What state are you from?

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
That’s a giant northern!! Damn
Looked like a freaking alligator. My buddy missed him with the net the first go and I about lost it on him. I could likely go catch bigger musky, but I told my dad I don’t think he’ll ever beat that pike. It was amazing!

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
View attachment 2905
north of rock springs, wyoming
Is this today?

There are some incredible views in that region that are almost scary to get to if you're not in an overlanding truck.

When I was a freshman in high school, our church youth group was all setup for a guided canoe trip down the Colorado River, but it was at historic flood levels, so the guides diverted us to the Green River. We hit the water just downstream from the Flaming Gorge Dam. IIRC, we canoed about 60 miles in a few days, ending up in Colorado.

The detour from the CO River to the Green River sent us on US-40 and CO-318, adorned with cattle guard gates and ~100 mile stretches without gas stations. Looking at google maps, you have to zoom way into a precise area on 318 to even get a village name.

All that said, the views in that region are spectacular.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds