Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (3 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
View attachment 3224Caught a nice Wanahoo pike today
Man, I thought I was the gadget king. I'm looking at the gear (visible) that you've got floating around with you on that rig and realizing that fishing ain't cheap if you're trying to "keep up with the Jones' " these days.

The last time I saw a decent size pike was up fishing in northern Saskatchewan years ago. The guides called them "Jacks" and I remember reeling in what to my eyes was a really big and beautiful fish. Before I could even react, the guide grabbed it from the bottom of the boat, muttered "G.D. Jacks!", whacked it with a ball peen hammer between the eyes and tossed the carcass overboard. Apparently, they feast on the young walleye up there and the guides working with our party detested the pikes for that reason.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Man, I thought I was the gadget king. I'm looking at the gear (visible) that you've got floating around with you on that rig and realizing that fishing ain't cheap if you're trying to "keep up with the Jones' " these days.

The last time I saw a decent size pike was up fishing in northern Saskatchewan years ago. The guides called them "Jacks" and I remember reeling in what to my eyes was a really big and beautiful fish. Before I could even react, the guide grabbed it from the bottom of the boat, muttered "G.D. Jacks!", whacked it with a ball peen hammer between the eyes and tossed the carcass overboard. Apparently, they feast on the young walleye up there and the guides working with our party detested the pikes for that reason.

lol when I guided up in Ontario it was about the same thing but I just called them slime rockets. I wasn’t too worried about them eating walleye - I just hated how the damn slime off them would stink up my boat every time it got warm.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
20210603_181256.jpg

Never had a guide not let me hold the fish for a picture before. Would very much recommend them though. Justin in the picture and Kenny in the other boat through Three Rivers Ranch out of Ashton, Idaho. Both really good guys and had my 16 yo daughter and 15 yo nephew along who had never fly fished before. Hooked up with a big one but lost it. Landed a bunch roughly 10-14 inches.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Gotta love boats. Lost power to the motor tonight. Can't even trim it up on the motor. Multiple other things running off same battery are fine. Sunday in Platte, South Dakota. Probably not the best day/place to be for an emergency repair.
We’re you fishing Fort Randall?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
92 in McCook yesterday

everybody looking for shade

(in my backyard)
D104150-C-5-F4-A-4995-8-F99-5-E9414663096.jpg

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Gotta love boats. Lost power to the motor tonight. Can't even trim it up on the motor. Multiple other things running off same battery are fine. Sunday in Platte, South Dakota. Probably not the best day/place to be for an emergency repair.

I have family in Platte, put up the Bat Signal and I’ll send a bunch of goofy talking giant Dutch men in cowboy hats to help out.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds