Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread

I sold the boat and got a kayak this year. Wanted to go out and catch some crappie so I could get used to the kayak before I went out and started hitting the big catfish. Sure as shit on my little crappie jig and 6 pound test I hooked into a nice channel cat in the middle of a bunch of trees.

Attachments

• CB2A25F1-CEB3-46EF-8B6F-2775ED179543.jpeg
    CB2A25F1-CEB3-46EF-8B6F-2775ED179543.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
I sold the boat and got a kayak this year. Wanted to go out and catch some crappie so I could get used to the kayak before I went out and started hitting the big catfish. Sure as shit on my little crappie jig and 6 pound test I hooked into a nice channel cat in the middle of a bunch of trees.
Thats a fancy kayak.

What kayak did you get? I’m trying to debate on whether to get one for fishing or get one of those one person inflatable boats where you use flippers to move.

What kayak did you get? I’m trying to debate on whether to get one for fishing or get one of those one person inflatable boats where you use flippers to move.

I got a vibe shearwater 125, I was looking at the hobies but I’ve got this vision of running panoptix through the middle of the kayak and this one has an electronics pod right in the middle in a perfect spot to do it for. Plus I knew I’d be dropping a couple grand on other accessories anyways so I’d prefer to start with a $1500 hull vs a $4000 one.

Stability wise I’m pumped about it so far, I was able to stand up fighting this fish and work it out of some timber which I never thought I’d be able to do from a kayak. The thing is a beast though and paddling it around all day is sure an arm workout

Kayak 100%. I have one of those inflatable boats. The fishing kayaks they make now are 100 times better.
Kayaks definitely look nicer but I’m looking at getting a self bailing raft next summer and those run about 3-4K. I figure the inflatable boats will get me into the local lakes when I don’t want to deal with a hundred of my closest friends during salmon season.

Kayaks definitely look nicer but I’m looking at getting a self bailing raft next summer and those run about 3-4K. I figure the inflatable boats will get me into the local lakes when I don’t want to deal with a hundred of my closest friends during salmon season.
Im probably thinking of something much different. I have one thats basically an inner tube with a seat. That's nice if you're putting in on a small pond and have very little water to cover or drifting with a slow current.

The other one is like a pontoon that has paddles or you can put flippers on. I liked that even less. Really hard to maneuver.

Im probably thinking of something much different. I have one thats basically an inner tube with a seat. That's nice if you're putting in on a small pond and have very little water to cover or drifting with a slow current.

The other one is like a pontoon that has paddles or you can put flippers on. I liked that even less. Really hard to maneuver.
I’m thinking of the inner tube. Basically something I can leave in my car and fish right after work.

Speaking of outdoors, I just officially got my LLC for Outdoors related retail sales. Starting with no store front and deer blinds are my main item for now. That being said...any of you outdoor enthusiasts have any suggests on product I should sell in my scenario that could help me be successful?

My grandmother’s funeral is tomorrow then my father and I will be heading to lake Oahe Thursday morning. It sounds selfish, but we were starting to think she’d pass during our trip. We’re happy she’s in a better place and we get our trip together. It looks to be great weather and can’t wait. Is it too much to ask for master angler size walleye, small mouth and northern all in the same trip? Probably, but just want to have fun with dad. I’ll keep you posted.
Jeremy

My grandmother’s funeral is tomorrow then my father and I will be heading to lake Oahe Thursday morning. It sounds selfish, but we were starting to think she’d pass during our trip. We’re happy she’s in a better place and we get our trip together. It looks to be great weather and can’t wait. Is it too much to ask for master angler size walleye, small mouth and northern all in the same trip? Probably, but just want to have fun with dad. I’ll keep you posted.
Jeremy
Should be good timing. Guy I know up there texted earlier this week and said the walleye were turning on.

Should be good timing. Guy I know up there texted earlier this week and said the walleye were turning on.
I was reading up and it looks like they’ve been hitting 5’-15’. Last fall they were 40-60. Much more doable. Sounds like jigs and jigs with minnows.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back