Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (1 Viewer)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are you going to be fishing small lakes?
It might vary. I think there are like 2, maybe 50 acres, about 5 minutes from my new school. There’s actually a series of lakes, that are connected by streams, about 10 minutes from my house. How hard is it to like fly fish out of a kayak?

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Speaking of outdoors, I just officially got my LLC for Outdoors related retail sales. Starting with no store front and deer blinds are my main item for now. That being said...any of you outdoor enthusiasts have any suggests on product I should sell in my scenario that could help me be successful?

If you’re in Lincoln we could sure use a good archery shop. I hate those scheels guys

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Speaking of outdoors, I just officially got my LLC for Outdoors related retail sales. Starting with no store front and deer blinds are my main item for now. That being said...any of you outdoor enthusiasts have any suggests on product I should sell in my scenario that could help me be successful?
Cuddeback Cameras, specifically the cell cams. They are a high end product that will pair well with your existing customer base who are willing to spend money on expensive deer blinds.

Deer feeders are another line that makes sense as well.

I'll take a blind now as payment for my expert advice 🤣

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It might vary. I think there are like 2, maybe 50 acres, about 5 minutes from my new school. There’s actually a series of lakes, that are connected by streams, about 10 minutes from my house. How hard is it to like fly fish out of a kayak?
Perfect size for a kayak. I can't say I've actually done it. Only regular fished a few times from friends kayaks. Having said that I don't think it would be much harder.

You're still sitting pretty low relative to the water level which is probably why most go with something like you already have. Of course quality varies a lot there too. Calm water i don't think you'll have any problems. Would definitely get one with the foot pedals so you can maneuver a bit without putting your rod down.

Downside from the tube is you don't have your feet in the water to stabilize while casting. Being able to get around easier to me would be worth the difference in how stable they are.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Cuddeback Cameras, specifically the cell cams. They are a high end product that will pair well with your existing customer base who are willing to spend money on expensive deer blinds.

Deer feeders are another line that makes sense as well.

I'll take a blind now as payment for my expert advice 🤣
Haha I think you’re right...about those items pairing well. The advice being expert....well...JK!
I’ll provide a big discount for your expertise, how’s that?!

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Today was the first day I had available to go fishing. It’s been raining hard all day which I suppose is Murphy’s Law.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Just played 18 holes at Holmes in Lincoln. Shot 88. About right for me, as I’m about a 15 handicap (bogey golfer). No pictures so sorry about that. Just thought I’d try to keep the thread going.

i played golf in high school for Norris my sophomore and junior years and that was literally the first time I ever golfed. Mainly did it for the drinking, wish I would’ve tried a little harder then as we got 9 holes every day at either Holmes or pioneers, but o well, made me the “golfer” I am today.

Also not like all you rich folk as I usually buy all my clubs off eBay. Got Adams irons, Callaway fairway woods, Cobra driver, and no name wedges. But I’m pretty good at hitting the ball a long ways :)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds