Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (8 Viewers)

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
You catch a lot of walleye there? Thats a decent sized fish. 17-18?
It was 17 inches. Most were 13-15 inches. I caught one 20 inch and one 18 as well. The crappies were just 10-14. I think 14 crappies and 10 walleye at Pawnee.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was 17 inches. Most were 13-15 inches. I caught one 20 inch and one 18 as well. The crappies were just 10-14. I think 14 crappies and 10 walleye at Pawnee.
Thats a solid day. All from shore?

Side note how big were those crappie at Kirwin? Can't decide if I'm remembering right. Think they might be growing in my mind as time goes on.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Thats a solid day. All from shore?

Side note how big were those crappie at Kirwin? Can't decide if I'm remembering right. Think they might be growing in my mind as time goes on.
My memory was 13-16 and the majority 14 and 15?
And yes, that was from shore in the evening. It was overcast so I was hoping to get a couple walleye, but we did better than expected. It sounds like Pawnee is on the uptick. Surprised me

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
My Dad just sent me this pic, summer of 1993

at Cozad Lake @hothouse_corn
A9630805-5-F63-4-BDC-9265-096480350-B06.jpg

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
The two Robert cats on my new farm. The Tom is a tank.

Bonus waterfowl shot from my Dad's blind.

I wish I could upload a video, we had a bobcat that kept coming through our yard (we lived 12 miles from the nearest town

tried to shoot it twice just to have the ultimate EMAW troll @Woodrow F Call

Screenshot

3-A0-CE838-BA70-4-CD7-BBD0-1-F0-E868-D850-C.png

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I wish I had a picture/video to show, but one of my favorite tree-stand moments was in 2007. There was about 6" of snow on the ground, and it was silent. I looked to the east to see single adult bobcat. Then, I watched her and her three "kittens" stalk through the snow directly under my stand and into the cedar trees about 30 yards to the west.

It was opening morning and I didn't have a fur-bearer permit so I never considered shooting. Also, I think I could have taken them in hand-to-paw combat, but I'm glad I didn't get to find out.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I wish I had a picture/video to show, but one of my favorite tree-stand moments was in 2007. There was about 6" of snow on the ground, and it was silent. I looked to the east to see single adult bobcat. Then, I watched her and her three "kittens" stalk through the snow directly under my stand and into the cedar trees about 30 yards to the west.

It was opening morning and I didn't have a fur-bearer permit so I never considered shooting. Also, I think I could have taken them in hand-to-paw combat, but I'm glad I didn't get to find out.
They are so memorable to watch.

Skipped class at UNL years ago to hunt a drury day in October. Fall asleep tethered to the tree mid afternoon only to wake up to a Robert cat at the base of my tree staring at me. It wandered off stalking something other than me.

The next one I shoot will be the first and likely the last. I want one for my office and then the rest get a free pass.

Last edited:

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
They are so memorable to watch.

Skipped class at UNL years ago to hunt a drury day in October. Fall asleep tethered to the tree mid afternoon only to wake up to a Robert cat at the base of my tree staring at me. It wondered off stalking something other than me.

The next one I shoot will be the first and likely the last. I want one for my office and then the rest get a free pass.
They're awesome to watch because it's so rare to see them, at least as far as I know. And also because they're so silent, although the snow on the ground helped them with that.

For all I know, I've had hundreds pass right under my stands while I was too hungover from deer camp to pay enough attention.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds