Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Omar (4 Viewers)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Nothing too exciting. I was drinking beers with some of the GA's that came along from UCF one night and they talked about what a douche he is....like wore a visor backwards at practice level of doucheness....he's a dick to everyone and has been riding Frost's jock since high school (relatives went to WR at same time and have confirmed GL just rode Frost's coattails since HS)....they have some LLC together that GL manages...I believe the LLC owns some properties and a few other investments. I'll ask my buddy and see if he has any better stories and I'll share them.
Oooohhhh god a backwards visor lol those were cool when I was in like middle school, like 2005 lol that's bad. Tried a visor once at that time and even I felt like a complete douche at 12 for doing it. I guess it's a good thing he's gonzo

deltau46

Linebacker
Insider
Pick'Em Champion
Harry Potter is just incompetent too - not surprising given how great the QB play has been - fking guy left a strongly worded note with multiple eff bombs about how his computer wasn't working and nobody was around to help him...it was 4:30 in the morning....when people showed up that fix that sort of stuff at normal working hours, all that was needed was a simple restart of the computer.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Harry Potter is just incompetent too - not surprising given how great the QB play has been - fking guy left a strongly worded note with multiple eff bombs about how his computer wasn't working and nobody was around to help him...it was 4:30 in the morning....when people showed up that fix that sort of stuff at normal working hours, all that was needed was a simple restart of the computer.
@HuskerGarrett let's toss an INSIDEHER label on this dude, he's fuckin killin it today!

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
200.gif

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Things might have improved a little now that biff (GL) is gone, but nobody liked him. Frost is notoriously late for staff meetings - not really surprised given the attention to detail in games - he was MIA back in June one weekend when we were hosting a recruit, nobody knew where he was; he never showed up to meet the kid and the staff had to make up an excuse. Just the tip of the iceberg....I'm not trying to be some insider, I just get intel from time to time from a couple of former players who are close to the program as well as a good friend who works for the team.
god dammit Frost, get your shit together man

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
computer use GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Harry Potter is an old man so its not really surprising he can't use a computer

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
@...TrueColors... --I'm curious, where is this notion coming that GL is Callahan's only source coming from? Not challenging it, but I've seen you talking about it a lot lately. I'm just trying to make sense of it, because people were saying that his information wasn't strong well before GL left. So it's not like people who don't like him are suddenly finding him lacking? It's been that way a while.

Also, this Omar thing is fascinating. There's so many damn personalities involved now that no matter what happens, there's going to be a shitshow on RSS.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I’m simply amazed at how many tPB members are still on the scrolls @RR$. I thought everyone quit and came over here long, long ago… SMMFH

I hear you. My membership on scrolls expires in 2 months, I already cancelled the renewal . That place with Deab's laziness and incompetence, and the posters are becoming more insufferable by the day

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
@...TrueColors... --I'm curious, where is this notion coming that GL is Callahan's only source coming from? Not challenging it, but I've seen you talking about it a lot lately. I'm just trying to make sense of it, because people were saying that his information wasn't strong well before GL left. So it's not like people who don't like him are suddenly finding him lacking? It's been that way a while.

Also, this Omar thing is fascinating. There's so many damn personalities involved now that no matter what happens, there's going to be a shitshow on RSS.

Its been the rumor for quite awhile here that Lambrecht was Dean’s guy he went to for information and GL liked it that way so he could manipulate what got out and how it was reported.

Now that GL is gone, it appears that Dean’s opinion has been morphed by and his nuggets come from… JoJo Domann? That’s where his take that Liewer would start at WR came from. Which is something literally nobody is saying and it leads me to believe that’s where his Omar Manning intel came from.

He’s been doing this 20 years and he’s got basically no high level sources that have carried him through the rainy days. He’s been here much longer than 24/7 has and they were able to come in and establish who they were and how they conduct business in a shorter time than him and are currently absolutely hammering him.

Clearly, when assessing his performance, he’s either surrounded himself with the wrong people or he made mistakes when he started that are going to prove to be fatal. He had basically 15 years as the only guy doing what he does to where he should have owned his space and put a stranglehold on every connection and source he possibly could.

As my grandfather use to say; Pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean is a worthless fuck. Everything about that guy drives me nuts. He has such a punchable face too....his arrogant, smug tone on RSS is reason enough to cancel my sub.

Regarding Clouse, he just got hired at Hudl in case anyone cares. 24/7 has great articles, but the fact shit head Sam posts over there is reason enough to not be a member.
Dean? Is that you.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Its been the rumor for quite awhile here that Lambrecht was Dean’s guy he went to for information and GL liked it that way so he could manipulate what got out and how it was reported.

Now that GL is gone, it appears that Dean’s opinion has been morphed by and his nuggets come from… JoJo Domann? That’s where his take that Liewer would start at WR came from. Which is something literally nobody is saying and it leads me to believe that’s where his Omar Manning intel came from.

He’s been doing this 20 years and he’s got basically no high level sources that have carried him through the rainy days. He’s been here much longer than 24/7 has and they were able to come in and establish who they were and how they conduct business in a shorter time than him and are currently absolutely hammering him.

Clearly, when assessing his performance, he’s either surrounded himself with the wrong people or he made mistakes when he started that are going to prove to be fatal. He had basically 15 years as the only guy doing what he does to where he should have owned his space and put a stranglehold on every connection and source he possibly could.

As my grandfather use to say; Pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered.
Got it. Thanks for laying it out for me. I agree that he seems to be very eager to report whatever JoJo is telling him on the podcast (and potentially behind the scenes) as the straight dope. I don't know if that means GL was his only real insider source or not. He at least represents that he's got a lot of contacts among former players and that sort. Beyond that, if he was keyed in with GL, I'm not sure there's reason to believe he wouldn't establish a similar relationship with the replacement who was just GL's deputy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds