Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Next head coach thread (3 Viewers)

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
i largely agree. It’s a real attractive job though imo. Brand new athletic facility that might be the best in the country, B1G conference, money, low floor / high ceiling. Make a damn bowl game and fans will approve. I’d love Napier. His time is coming.
Bruh this place is cursed by Satan himself. This is where careers go to die. When is the last time we have had a coordinator hired away because they were so good at their job? I literally can’t think of one.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bruh this place is cursed by Satan himself. This is where careers go to die. When is the last time we have had a coordinator hired away because they were so good at their job? I literally can’t think of one.
Brett Beliema, the guy who hadn’t coached for 3 years, the guy who lost his starting QB almost immediately today, flat out schooled our 4th year coach. I’m of the opinion that coaches don’t come to die here we’ve just hired the wrong ones. Hire the right one and he’ll have the resources to do some sh**.

Scott was the obvious one everyone could get behind. Turns out he’s awful in the B1G and has consistently been out coached…it just didn’t work out.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Brett Beliema, the guy who hadn’t coached for 3 years, the guy who lost his starting QB almost immediately today, flat out schooled our 4th year coach. I’m of the opinion that coaches don’t come to die here we’ve just hired the wrong ones. Hire the right one and he’ll have the resources to do some sh**.

Scott was the obvious one everyone could get behind. Turns out he’s awful in the B1G that has consistently been out coached…it just didn’t work

god that’s gonna piss off the drones

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG

Scott was the obvious one everyone could get behind. Turns out he’s awful in the B1G and has consistently been out coached…it just didn’t work out.
This should be his last year. There’s no reason to see the same play another day next year.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member

I want to believe but I’ve obviously been broken.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hot take: IDGAF who you hire but find a way to keep chins as DC. This is a good defense but we are very fucked by the offense.
Let’s see how this defense plays the rest of the year. They didn’t exactly smother a shitty offense in the second half with a shitty 2nd string qb. The offense didn’t help once again, but we are comparing Chins defense to Frost’s shitty offense. His defense will look way better.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
My VERY short list:

Lincoln Riley - Pro - has Lincoln in his name. Have to think he’d be a great fit. Con - also has “Riley” in his name and that hasn’t worked well here before.

Dabo - has to be getting bored winning so much, plus he probably respects us from that time we beat him in the 2009 Gaytor Bowl

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Here’s how I know all of you people that want Luke #2ndChoice dont know what you’re doing.

College Gameday, Nebraska still struggling under his leadership 3 years from now and you see on the ticker the headline “A #2ndChoice Failure in Lincoln” - that would sting

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Someone who is going to hire better offensive staff.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Sean Lewis at Kent State is another guy that intrigues me. Had a winning season his second year in 2019 after Kent hadn't won more than 4 games in a season since 2012. He's a Dino Babers guy, was his OC at BG and Syracuse before taking the Kent job. I like Babers although he hasn't worked out a Syracuse. He played at Wisconsin under Bert and was the TE coach at UNO during their last year playing football. He would also be a great budget option, he is only making $440k at Kent currently.

I think it's very important that we get a guy who has experience in the B1G footprint. If Frost has shown us anything it's that it is going to be hard for coaches from the South to be successful here because the dynamics are just so different.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Can’t believe people think we have a shot at Urban Meyer. Jesus Christ people put down the peyote.

Campbell is also a pipe dream and Lane had a lucky season last year with a lot of talent left over. #2ndChoice probably wants back in the Big 10 but he has a pretty good situation at Cincy.

My first call would be to Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina, or pry Malzahn

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds