Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Next head coach thread

When you can pay $5 million+ per year you can attract a lot of names. I honestly don't think Nebraska will have any problems finding quality candidates.

In my mind, just like the football team steps on its own dick during a game, I don't trust the administration to not step on its own dick in the hiring process.

When you can pay $5 million+ per year you can attract a lot of names. I honestly don't think Nebraska will have any problems finding quality candidates.

In my mind, just like the football team steps on its own dick during a game, I don't trust the administration to not step on its own dick in the hiring process.
Agreed. If you take a professional approach to the coaching search where you actually set parameters for what you want, interview and vet candidates, and make a competitive offer, you'll land a coach who has a reasonably high probability of being successful.

If you appoint a successor, fire a guy after telling him to improve things and then do a search, or identify a candidate or four candidates for the job, you're doing to end up with Solich, Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and Frost

Furthering that point, I'd think that real football people can see this situation for what it is. Resources are here. It just needs managed properly, but I'm with you...don't trust the administration at all.

That's my fear as well. I feel this blind faith in Turd because he appears to be a good leader but everyone outside him has proven to be pretty incompetent.

Something shady with him right? Why hasn’t he gotten a Hc job somewhere?
He has been in and out or associated with quite a bit of trouble in his college days, pro days and early coaching stops. Seems like he has made some bad decisions. Maybe Eric has learned from them.

Like any well ran government I expect a well ran search of head coaches conducted by a search firm. Because when you have a big name like Nebraska it's best to find a Head Coach spending a million dollars on a search firm.

Like any well ran government I expect a well ran search of head coaches conducted by a search firm. Because when you have a big name like Nebraska it's best to find a Head Coach spending a million dollars on a search firm.
No thanks on a search firm to hire a coach.

Don’t even get me started on the walk on progrum. These offensive coordinators couldn’t manage a taco John’s let alone 75 walk ons…or whatever the number is
I love the walk on program to be honest. I have a year of eligibility left and if I wasn't 28 I would somewhat consider maybe trying to walk on and see what happens. BUT, walk ons should NOT be playing over guys like Zavier Betts and Omar Manning. Maybe Nixon because he's new and needs to be pushed. But not those guys. Get fuckin Liewer outta there and play with some real talent.

I love the walk on program to be honest. I have a year of eligibility left and if I wasn't 28 I would somewhat consider maybe trying to walk on and see what happens. BUT, walk ons should NOT be playing over guys like Zavier Betts and Omar Manning. Maybe Nixon because he's new and needs to be pushed. But not those guys. Get fuckin Liewer outta there and play with some real talent.
I agree with you about the WR, but unfortunately it won't really matter until you get a QB that can get them the ball.

C’mon- walk on progrum would be great if you took 3-5 a year….not 20.

C’mon- walk on progrum would be great if you took 3-5 a year….not 20.
I think the concept is good. But when you need elite athletes to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish, walk ons don't really provide that. But I am a sucker for a good story of hard work and commitment.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back