Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Next head coach thread (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
9-36 as a head coach and no one else has hired him as one in the last 20 years. Sounds like a recipe for success at Nebraska.
That was at Baylor in the late 90s, early 2000s. He went through the Saban remedial coaching clinic after that

Kaladin

Elite Member
Steele is out of coaching right now

We could fire Frost and bring in Steele NOW

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
That was at Baylor in the late 90s, early 2000s. He went through the Saban remedial coaching clinic after that
You’re hoping he would be like coach O where he was better the second time around. I see him more as a southern guy. I don’t ever see Turd hiring him. He was a great recruiter at Nebraska but known as a tool if I remember right.

Kaladin

Elite Member
You’re hoping he would be like coach O where he was better the second time around. I see him more as a southern guy. I don’t ever see Turd hiring him. He was a great recruiter at Nebraska but known as a tool if I remember right.
I want a coach who will hire an elite staff

I imagine Steele would. I assume #2ndChoice would as well, given his tutelage under Urban Meyer

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I want a coach who will hire an elite staff

I imagine Steele would. I assume #2ndChoice would as well, given his tutelage under Urban Meyer
Steele could I just don’t like his fit within the BIG. I also never see us hiring him.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s definitely not a Big 10 guy
We did the elite recruiter thing with Callahan. We did the hot assistant with Bo. We did the image hire with Riley and we did the hottest coach in America and tradition hire with Frost and haven’t got where we want to be. Hopefully Turd has something up his sleeve.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We did the elite recruiter thing with Callahan. We did the hot assistant with Bo. We did the image hire with Riley and we did the hottest coach in America and tradition hire with Frost and haven’t got where we want to be. Hopefully Turd has something up his sleeve.
When do we hire the best, proven coach available?

Last edited:

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I will say Frost looked the part at UCF. Florida wanted him bad.
I wouldn't have called him proven at the time. I know we did a lot of talking about his journey as a player & coach and how that might make up for actual head coaching experience.

He was definitely the hottest young coach on the market, though.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'll throw this one out. Leave Scott as HC but drop his salary down some because he simply hasn't earned it. Have him take on the Herm Edwards role when he was first hired at ASU, like a "GM" type role as HC. Hire Jeff Monken as OC. Fire Austin and hire someone who coaches Gap Scheme. I literally do not know the names of any other OLine coach besides Greg Austin. Fire Verdu and hire Busch as the literal Special Teams Coach instead of just being an Analyst. Run the TO Offense and have Frost work strictly with QBs and how to do your job as an Option QB.

I think that covers it.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Or Frost loses the next 4 games, fired mid-season. Chinander takes over as interim head coach and we go undefeated...
Self Burn GIF

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'll throw this one out. Leave Scott as HC but drop his salary down some because he simply hasn't earned it. Have him take on the Herm Edwards role when he was first hired at ASU, like a "GM" type role as HC. Hire Jeff Monken as OC. Fire Austin and hire someone who coaches Gap Scheme. I literally do not know the names of any other OLine coach besides Greg Austin. Fire Verdu and hire Busch as the literal Special Teams Coach instead of just being an Analyst. Run the TO Offense and have Frost work strictly with QBs and how to do your job as an Option QB.

I think that covers it.

Is this parody? I don’t think the military academies run the TO offense and why would a head coach come be Frost’s OC and why would we retain Frost in this scenario? Like what value does he add at that point?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Is this parody? I don’t think the military academies run the TO offense and why would a head coach come be Frost’s OC and why would we retain Frost in this scenario? Like what value does he add at that point?
Just kinda bullshitting out loud. Would be WILD

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG

I think that covers it.
OC has to be QB coach. Hire a WR coach. Can Austin/held/Mario and lubes

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds