Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Will we have a new head coach next week? (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I sort of enjoy the image of a bunch of NFL scouts showing up at an NU practice telling each other what a dog shit place it is and how you couldn't pay anybody to work there. Makes sense.
Outside of a long term relationship with a coach, I'm not sure how they'd even happen into accurate info about the coaching market at large by just attending practices and looking at prospects. But this is the same dude who claims he was giving Busch DC tips and getting Turd on the phone the day frost got shit canned so he'd know best

Herbie

Quarterback
Also I'm at the point where I highly doubt Mickey or anyone else is on the staff next year.

If Busch has a good relationship with Turd I could see him taking a non coaching position. With his age and another failed staff its going to be hard to land a job that he would want.

Herbie

Quarterback
I'm solving that problem by not seeing a doctor
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also I'm at the point where I highly doubt Mickey or anyone else is on the staff next year.

If Busch has a good relationship with Turd I could see him taking a non coaching position. With his age and another failed staff its going to be hard to land a job that he would want.
I think Busch just wants to be in Lincoln because of his age. He's done the coaching thing for 30 years and iirc his wife has never left Lincoln

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I hope so. Because why the fuck is Mickey bringing kid like this in, offering and most likely accepting their commitment
I suppose you recruit this kid because it's really late in the process and......

A: You are about to lose your current QB commit.

Or....

B: Your QB room is about to get cleared out by the transfer portal.

Or....

C: Both of those things are about to happen.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
The Big Mick energy has worn off. Husker nation needs something new to be excited about for an entire offseason before we suck penis again next year.
If it is somebody who isn't coaching I expect him to be announced at the earliest, when we are 100% eliminated from a bowl game.

If it is somebody who is coaching it won't be until the regular season is over.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
My liver enzymes were elevated for my last batch of blood work at the doctor. I blamed it on Husker football, my doc was not amused.

When my doctor's nurses/aides ask me if I smoke (when I first arrive), I say only a cigar when Nebraska has a big win. Therefore, you connect the dots.

That has gotten a few chuckles from nurses over the last few years.....but it's a 100% true statement.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
If it is somebody who isn't coaching I expect him to be announced at the earliest, when we are 100% eliminated from a bowl game.

If it is somebody who is coaching it won't be until the regular season is over.
I was thinking about this yesterday and agree 100%. They could never announce before the team failed to become bowl eligible. It would have created this whole narrative that Turd cut Mickey’s legs out from underneath and didn’t give him a fair shot. TC’ers would have ran with that when we end up hiring someone without Nebraska ties and also not a good look from the whole black HC perspective.

TC is going to try to sabotage the whole thing anyway, but at least it takes away that narrative.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds