Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska to SEC? (7 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Let's be honest, CFB is going to 2 major leagues. There's not gonna be a major difference between the 2 leagues (it's more like the AFC and NFC).

They'll probably have similar money, similar amount of difficult games, exact same exposure (just one is FOX, one is ESPN). At this point I honestly DGAF if we're in the B1G or SEC, as long as we're in one of them.

It'd be like arguing with a buddy that the AFC is superior to the NFC. Who cares.
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Wait a minute, are people in this thread actually wanting to be in a league with Texass? I get not wanting to hang out with pedos and twisted sexual deviants, but Texas?
If we would have beat them dirty fuckers in either 2009 or 10 I would have no desire to see them ever again. Fuck The Simulation™.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Let's be honest, CFB is going to 2 major leagues. There's not gonna be a major difference between the 2 leagues (it's more like the AFC and NFC).

They'll probably have similar money, similar amount of difficult games, exact same exposure (just one is FOX, one is ESPN). At this point I honestly DGAF if we're in the B1G or SEC, as long as we're in one of them.

It'd be like arguing with a buddy that the AFC is superior to the NFC. Who cares.
I think we're in the AFL/NFL stage where both leagues were established, but where the 2 are going to be fighting for the upper hand in negotiating favorable terms. Expansion is now a game to get the power players into your conference to have more of the power in determining how this whole thing is set up/breaks away from the NCAA.

The SEC was the big dog who steered the NCAA until recently, but now with the B1G grabbing the noteworthy west coast schools & potentially making a play for the top ACC teams, the balance of power has shifted, and that conference will be calling more of the shots.

Guessing there will be some differences in the short-to-medium term. I think we'll end up with the merger & more of an NFC/AFC situation eventually, but we might be 5-10 years out from that, and being lined up with whoever has more cache will be favorable for results until then.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Oh I do. Here in Memphis you see more blue Memphis stuff but when that traffic cone orange bullshit makes an appearance you know you’re about to hear/see some nonsense.

I think we will be good friends going forward.
Are you a native of Memphis?

Toe

Wide Receiver

OP makes it sound like Florida State wants to take over Texas's old role in the Big 12. But it's worth remembering that for all the weight they could throw around in the Big 12, Texas still ultimately left for the SEC when they got the chance...

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
No - my wife is stationed in Millington. We’re here until next year then it’s back to DC.

Memphis is…interesting.
Yeah, if I had to live in TN I guess I would choose Nashville if I had a choice. Eastern TN is beautiful, but I really have a hard time being around a lot of that population. Gas station restrooms are a great barometer of it's surrounding community, and I never have seen one in Eastern TN that isn't flooded in piss and at least some brown smeared on the walls. My sister's in laws are Memphis folks, and they always talk about how dangerous it is. I just know it's hot hot and am more inclined toward cooler temps.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, if I had to live in TN I guess I would choose Nashville if I had a choice. Eastern TN is beautiful, but I really have a hard time being around a lot of that population. Gas station restrooms are a great barometer of it's surrounding community, and I never have seen one in Eastern TN that isn't flooded in piss and at least some brown smeared on the walls. My sister's in laws are Memphis folks, and they always talk about how dangerous it is. I just know it's hot hot and am more inclined toward cooler temps.
Plainly, Memphis is a shithole. I would not live in the area unless I had to (which I had to but thankfully we are moving next summer).

High crime, low economic prospects, and just an overall trashy vibe. Thankfully I can work from home and the bbq is pretty damn good.

Nashville, however, is amazing. It’s growing super fast and I would want to move there before it gets too expensive.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
But are they equally shitty for everyone? Big 10 definitely feels like tiered system. Nebraska has been in its own tier on the bottom until last year I’d say.

I wish someone had a running tally of all the blatant holds that end up no calls in Wisconsin’s favor against us. When they play someone like tOSU though then they will call it.
This is true. Was it really that they hated Pelini, Riley and Frost?

Officiating suddenly got better under a different staff. And personally I don't think it's because they're coached by different coaches. i.e. technique, etc....I call BS on that. Really freaking weird though how it got better last year.

Holding is holding and getting fucked over is getting fucked over, regardless of coaches. Assuming we continue to get fair calls this year it makes things more of an even playing field.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds