Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Most Interesting thing I have read today (2 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
“The head coaches of the top-4 #CFBPlayoff teams were on Alabama's coaching staff in 2015.
◽️
Kirby Smart - Defensive Coordinator
◽️
Nick Saban - Head Coach
◽️
Mel Tucker - Secondary Coach
◽️
Mario Cristobal - Offensive Line Coach”
-The Athletic

Do we even see 4 of our Asst Coaches being an Asst in Power5 Football if they are let go? The Frost Davidians don't see the value of a quality Head Coach surrounding himself with Quality Asst Coaches

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Not in response to the OP but in the similar “we should start hiring people because they are component” argument: I find it fascinating the history rewriting of the Pelini era. When he and his staff was fired very few were hired to coach anywhere else at a high level. (Notable exception was Tim Beck being famously terrible at Texas) Even Pelini himself was barely considered for jobs elsewhere and after 6 years he was hired back at LSU only to lead what is probably the worst defensive season in LSU history. (Especially considering the talent, multiple first rounders, etc)

It would be nice for Nebraska to someday have coaches that are worthy of their extremely high salaries and minor local celeb status. But alas…

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not in response to the OP but in the similar “we should start hiring people because they are component” argument: I find it fascinating the history rewriting of the Pelini era. When he and his staff was fired very few were hired to coach anywhere else at a high level. (Notable exception was Tim Beck being famously terrible at Texas) Even Pelini himself was barely considered for jobs elsewhere and after 6 years he was hired back at LSU only to lead what is probably the worst defensive season in LSU history. (Especially considering the talent, multiple first rounders, etc)

It would be nice for Nebraska to someday have coaches that are worthy of their extremely high salaries and minor local celeb status. But alas…
This^^ It will be telling to see who, if anyone, from Frost's staff lands at P5's in prominent roles. I don't really see anyone outside of Fisher because he's such a good recruiter. Maybe Beckton?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This^^ It will be telling to see who, if anyone, from Frost's staff lands at P5's in prominent roles. I don't really see anyone outside of Fisher because he's such a good recruiter. Maybe Beckton?
Sad part is our Analyst Bill Busch will probably end up with the most prominent Power5 job. A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will be sitting next to you in jail. How does that translate to all of Frost's friends on the coaching staff?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Busch, Tuioti, Dawson, Fisher, and Chinander will all get P5 jobs. Probably not prominent P5 jobs. Beckton will find a job somewhere, maybe not P5.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Busch, Tuioti, Dawson, Fisher, and Chinander will all get P5 jobs. Probably not prominent P5 jobs. Beckton will find a job somewhere, maybe not P5.
I think Beckton will get a P5 job. There are lots of great DL coaches in the world, but my ass would be pretty chapped to lose Big Tone

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
tag the fag @B1G_10_Tony

also, duval. he's legit.
I'm hoping they keep Duval and S&C folks around regardless of who is HC. We need stability and consistency in the S&C department. I don't want us to look like the Riley JV team again.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds