Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lettuce discuss Colorado's recruiting tactics (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
The amount of publicity our fanbase and media is giving these idiots is nauseating. We’ve probably tripled the amount of exposure they would get otherwise. Deion is gonna fail but they won with this.
Aside from an anonymous Twitter account making fun of them for wearing purses, who in our fanbase is giving them publicity?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
There have been gay bars even longer than that. Doesn't mean going full homo is a winning pitch for croots (outside of IA City).
trump donald GIF

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
That picture above, with the awkward pose of trying to be tough, looks like something created out of a photo generator like Dall-e mini.

Prompt: a flexing Colorado football player standing in front of a Lamborghini and holding a highly fashionable purse
😂 I was thinking the same thing. The kid is like a rigid board.

This absolutely has a 80’s Miami type of feel to it and it will attract some high ranking recruits. I just struggle to see if get enough traction to win a lot of games. If my kid we’re considering CU, the first question I would ask would be WTF does a Lamborghini, Aston Martin and a bunch of LV man-bags have to do w college football. The almost certain justification would go something like this…”it’s a testament to how much I, PrimeTime, know what I’m doing and a can create a pathway to the NFL for your son”. Most players who get to the NFL and throw away their $ on expensive cars, end up broke 4 years after leaving the NFL.

Is silly and gimmicky and just looks trashy.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I read an article yesterday about how Neon is not honoring at least 13 of the prior commitments to CU and none of the new assistants haven't even contacted these kids and just left them hanging. I guess someone in the daily operations staff started to finally call these kids just to inform them their offers were no longer valid and just hung up on them. Granted it's part of the job and each recruit should know that their offer would get pulled, but a coach on the new staff should make the call to these kids to them their offer is no longer valid vice a daily staffer. It'll be interesting to see how the circus that follows Neon will play out over the long run.

BTW, I'm sure Frost and Rhule probably did the same thing with a few of the recruits that were committed to the previous staff's as well.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I read an article yesterday about how Neon is not honoring at least 13 of the prior commitments to CU and none of the new assistants haven't even contacted these kids and just left them hanging. I guess someone in the daily operations staff started to finally call these kids just to inform them their offers were no longer valid and just hung up on them. Granted it's part of the job and each recruit should know that their offer would get pulled, but a coach on the new staff should make the call to these kids to them their offer is no longer valid vice a daily staffer. It'll be interesting to see how the circus that follows Neon will play out over the long run.

BTW, I'm sure Frost and Rhule probably did the same thing with a few of the recruits that were committed to the previous staff's as well.
Seems like a great way to get a bunch of High school coaches to never send you another recruit again.

Toe

Wide Receiver
Fun fact: 247 currently ranks Colorado State's 2023 recruiting class ahead of Colorado's.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Fun fact: 247 currently ranks Colorado State's 2023 recruiting class ahead of Colorado's.

In looking at those rankings, CU only has 3 transfers so far, 1 from Clemson, 1 from WV, and 1 from Kent State, but it doesn't show his son coming over yet though nor anyone else from JSU. For kids in HS, he has only received 7 commits and only 1-4star. I thought the way he was talking, he would have his class already filled so far and waiting on his time to officially sign them.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds