Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lettuce discuss Colorado's recruiting tactics (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
In looking at those rankings, CU only has 3 transfers so far, 1 from Clemson, 1 from WV, and 1 from Kent State, but it doesn't show his son coming over yet though nor anyone else from JSU. For kids in HS, he has only received 7 commits and only 1-4star. I thought the way he was talking, he would have his class already filled so far and waiting on his time to officially sign them.
You figure his 2 sons and Travis Hunter will jump those rankings pretty quick. I have my doubts about his son at QB. But I have no doubts about Travis Hunter. That kid is awesome.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I read an article yesterday about how Neon is not honoring at least 13 of the prior commitments to CU and none of the new assistants haven't even contacted these kids and just left them hanging. I guess someone in the daily operations staff started to finally call these kids just to inform them their offers were no longer valid and just hung up on them. Granted it's part of the job and each recruit should know that their offer would get pulled, but a coach on the new staff should make the call to these kids to them their offer is no longer valid vice a daily staffer. It'll be interesting to see how the circus that follows Neon will play out over the long run.

BTW, I'm sure Frost and Rhule probably did the same thing with a few of the recruits that were committed to the previous staff's as well.
He started out with a class of 21, there are only 7 of the original class left. They added 6 new recruits for a total of 13 with Dylan Edwards being the only 4 Star.

Looks like there are 7 Colorado players in the portal since Deion was hired.

Transfers in so far -

1671554103204.png

Obviously, He will be adding his sons and Travis Hunter? soon.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
He started out with a class of 21, there are only 7 of the original class left. They added 6 new recruits for a total of 13 with Dylan Edwards being the only 4 Star.

Looks like there are 7 Colorado players in the portal since Deion was hired.

Transfers in so far -

View attachment 18319

Obviously, He will be adding his sons and Travis Hunter? soon.

I'm not sure if Travis Hunter is a lock since GA is in the picture with him and probably can throw NIL at him while being closer to home (if that matters to him). I also know Hunter chose to be coached by Prime because he was promised to be developed into a 2 way star. In all honestly, if weren't playing CU next year, I wouldn't care so much.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm not sure if Travis Hunter is a lock since GA is in the picture with him and probably can throw NIL at him while being closer to home (if that matters to him). I also know Hunter chose to be coached by Prime because he was promised to be developed into a 2 way star. In all honestly, if weren't playing CU next year, I wouldn't care so much.
That's where he's going to struggle, they can talk about bringing in all the high-end talent, but they don't have the NIL to get them or keep them if they do.

I would probably be hoping for Deion's success if he hadn't gone to Colorado, but I have a lifetime of hate for those Fuckers so Fuck Colorado and for now Fuck Deion.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
That's where he's going to struggle, they can talk about bringing in all the high-end talent, but they don't have the NIL to get them or keep them if they do.

I would probably be hoping for Deion's success if he hadn't gone to Colorado, but I have a lifetime of hate for those Fuckers so Fuck Colorado and for now Fuck Deion.

Maybe I’m wrong. But Colorado has been dead for the past decade and it doesn’t appear their boosters give a fuck. I’d imagine that theyre years away from establishing a formidable NIL program.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Maybe I’m wrong. But Colorado has been dead for the past decade and it doesn’t appear their boosters give a fuck. I’d imagine that theyre years away from establishing a formidable NIL program.
Unless there is some new money coming in from somewhere there has been little to no interest in their football program for years. Thats why I was surprised that Deion would even go there. They have no big money even when Deion was hired the AD said they didn't have the money to pay him.

Last edited:

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Prime is into mechandising now, promoting himself. Don't see how this ends:

If Deion has spent even more than 3 minutes promoting sweatshirts instead of doing something that actually helps football then he is fucking this up big.

Colorado was 1-11, right? You can't just sprinkle some magic PrimeTime dust on it and expect it to change. You have to grind (not promote gear), visit small rural high schools (I've seen no evidence of this) , foster relationships with high school coaches (he's done the opposite), recruit your existing roster (lol... opposite).

I'm glad we have Rhule. Seems like Rhule is the prototypical guy for what is needed to build a program.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think we all want to believe that Nebraska hired the right guy and Colorado did not. Similar to PJ Fleck and Scott Frost.

In the end time will tell. I do agree with @Tsakoi that the grind at the power 5 level to be successful is extremely daunting. We will see if Sanders is up to that.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
The hot takes about Deion getting whoever he wants as far as recruiting appear to be done now.

I will laugh extremely hard if he can’t even keep Travis Hunter on his team.

Deion can get into pretty much every living room in the country. There are guys visiting and committing to Colorado that never would have gone to Boulder otherwise. He's obviously creating waves. I think there are some Frost-like parallels here where he could be setting himself up for hurt by not planning for the downside. The interesting thing to watch with Prime will be what his reaction will be when something inevitably goes negative. He hasn't really had to overcome adversity in his time at Jackson St. We saw what happened to Frost in a similar scenario.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Maybe Prime should wait until the first few games next season before declaring the Puffaloes are back:

I'm pretty firmly in the "this isn't going to work" camp (and a lifelong CU-hater, so I'm actively rooting for that as well), but the one edge Sanders has to come get top talent to play in a football armpit, for an inexperienced coach is the allure of the flash & bravado... he probably shouldn't turn that off.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Deion can get into pretty much every living room in the country. There are guys visiting and committing to Colorado that never would have gone to Boulder otherwise. He's obviously creating waves. I think there are some Frost-like parallels here where he could be setting himself up for hurt by not planning for the downside. The interesting thing to watch with Prime will be what his reaction will be when something inevitably goes negative. He hasn't really had to overcome adversity in his time at Jackson St. We saw what happened to Frost in a similar scenario.
Media wave hasn't translated into any kind of recruiting wave thus far. We'll see how this finishes, but thus far, the effect has been significantly overstated.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Should maybe wait until he's holding a whale trophy at least before declaring anything.
Bottom line: with USC, UCLA, Utah, Oregon, Washington and OSU to play, besides the rest of the Pac 12, let Prime first try to have a winning season before pumping sunshine.

It might be tough for a first time P5 coach tranitioning from FCS to go 6-6 in his first season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds