Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (3 Viewers)

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Tf does this even mean?
It means traveling is already stressful and annoying af. Not having an assigned seat and not knowing if you’ll get to sit with your travel companions, along with the boarding process and overhead space adds to the stress.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Honestly, I think airlines should have two different flights: business and recreational.

Business folks don't want no crying babies and the matching sweatshirt family of 8 heading to Branson.

doublewing

Running Back
Saw today SW is changing to assigned seating with some premium seats.

I would never fly SW due to their stress inducing seating. Now I’ll look at them again.

What does everyone think about this?
I'm ok with it. The open seating was typically contingent upon you paying the extra fee to get automatically checked in so you are in the A's.

SWA used to be my reliable go-to airline but it's declined significantly in the last 10 years. I'm mostly on it for quick business flights and avoid it for personal travel.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Saw today SW is changing to assigned seating with some premium seats.

I would never fly SW due to their stress inducing seating. Now I’ll look at them again.

What does everyone think about this?
I have never understood that. I LOVE flying SW and I don't get why the seating thing bothers people. If you're really worried about seating, just pay for the a-tier, it's not expensive and you can sit wherever you want.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'm ok with it. The open seating was typically contingent upon you paying the extra fee to get automatically checked in so you are in the A's.

SWA used to be my reliable go-to airline but it's declined significantly in the last 10 years. I'm mostly on it for quick business flights and avoid it for personal travel.
Southwest is the 2nd best experience IMO behind Delta. American a distant 3rd.

greybeardedchild

Cornerback
Elite Member
I've came up with a airline ranking system after years of development, mainly flying economy for pleasure. (I'm a poor and do not often fly for business). My system is this: compare airlines to their equivalent large chain store eg. Spirit is Dollar General, Frontier is Family Dollar, United is Walmart (everyone uses it, everyone whines about it, but it has the flights you need), American is Sam's club (like United but wants to be more exclusive) Delta is Safeway, etc etc. Feel free to correct me. I used to think Southwest was like Publix, but have considered de-ranking them towards Hy-Vee or similar.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I wouldn't say I love he open seating, but I like it a lot more than the other airlines that charge you for the privilege of having a seating assignment on their "lowest" fares.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It means traveling is already stressful and annoying af. Not having an assigned seat and not knowing if you’ll get to sit with your travel companions, along with the boarding process and overhead space adds to the stress.
Ah got it. I've only ever traveled SW for work.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds