Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Interesting NebrasketBall Stats. Dawson didn't play (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dawson got no minutes. The star of the last game Keita got 4 minutes and Wilhelm got 10 minutes. 3 former starters (Dawson, Keita, Wilhelm) only playing 14 minutes. Sam Hoiberg played 24 minutes, and I think it is deserved. Sam was 2/3 on FG's and 2/2 on FT's for 7 points. Kid is heady and moves the ball.

Great ball movement yesterday om offense with hustling defense. Fred basically Frankensteining together Line Ups with what little he has to work with to match up to each team. Have a feeling if Wilcher wasn't knocking down shots he would have seen his minutes diminish mightily.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like Fred and the gang saw something that they could exploit with shooting and that isn't really what Keita and Dawson bring. I did see that Keita had a nice pass into Keisei from around the top of key which is hopefully something they've been working on

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dawson got no minutes. The star of the last game Keita got 4 minutes and Wilhelm got 10 minutes. 3 former starters (Dawson, Keita, Wilhelm) only playing 14 minutes. Sam Hoiberg played 24 minutes, and I think it is deserved. Sam was 2/3 on FG's and 2/2 on FT's for 7 points. Kid is heady and moves the ball.

Great ball movement yesterday om offense with hustling defense. Fred basically Frankensteining together Line Ups with what little he has to work with to match up to each team. Have a feeling if Wilcher wasn't knocking down shots he would have seen his minutes diminish mightily.
I noticed the ball movement from Sam yesterday. Doesn't sit on the ball, rotates it well, especially against the zone.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like Fred and the gang saw something that they could exploit with shooting and that isn't really what Keita and Dawson bring. I did see that Keita had a nice pass into Keisei from around the top of key which is hopefully something they've been working on
Spread the floor with shooters to open up the middle more for Walker. Fred ran a successful 4 Out & even 5 Out at ISU that was predicated on floor spacing and outside shooting. All of the 6 players who got over 10 minutes can hit the 3 except for Walker but he is still a major passing/dribble drive threat from the top of the key.

Also Rutgers is one of the best pressing teams in the country so having extra ball handlers was key to limiting turnovers. All 6 of those players could bring the ball up if needed including Walker. I thought Greisel did an amazing job handling the press. Every starter on Rutgers is 6-4 or taller so lots of length for that press. Spread out the taller players with a quicker lineup. We had the 3 smallest players on the floor (Lawrence, Keisei, Hoiberg). Their average starter was 6-7 which was the height of our 2nd tallest starter Greisel.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Spread the floor with shooters to open up the middle more for Walker. Fred ran a successful 4 Out & even 5 Out at ISU that was predicated on floor spacing and outside shooting. All of the 6 players who got over 10 minutes can hit the 3 except for Walker but he is still a major passing/dribble drive threat from the top of the key.

Also Rutgers is one of the best pressing teams in the country so having extra ball handlers was key to limiting turnovers. All 6 of those players could bring the ball up if needed including Walker. I thought Greisel did an amazing job handling the press. Every starter on Rutgers is 6-4 or taller so lots of length for that press. Spread out the taller players with a quicker lineup. We had the 3 smallest players on the floor (Lawrence, Keisei, Hoiberg). Their average starter was 6-7 which was the height of our 2nd tallest starter Greisel.
Fred needs to find a 5 who can do what Walker is doing this year because it seems like it's been really difficult for teams to stop. A lot of it has been helped by Keisei's cutting and getting to the rim for relatively easy looks.

I'm still optimistic that Breidenbach can get closer to being a 5 who can play on the perimeter and really open things up for them.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fred needs to find a 5 who can do what Walker is doing this year because it seems like it's been really difficult for teams to stop. A lot of it has been helped by Keisei's cutting and getting to the rim for relatively easy looks.

I'm still optimistic that Breidenbach can get closer to being a 5 who can play on the perimeter and really open things up for them.
It would be great if the light went on for Wilhelm. I don't see our other Bigs Blaise or Oleg being a factor on offense like Walker if they are playing further out from the basket. We need big bodies for some match ups in the B1G. Fred seems happy with Oleg's development however that hasn't lead to many minutes so let's see if he is even here next season. It will be interesting to see what type of players Hoiberg goes after in the Transfer Portal.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hoiberg's team this season kinda reminds me of his 1st team at ISU in 2010-11. They went 16-16 with a very limited rag tag bunch that had 10 new players of which 5 had to sit out that season due to transferring. Very short bench like us as they only had 8 scholarship players available. Even though they ended the season 16-16 they were in games against numerous ranked teams until the final minute almost beating ranked #2 Kansas, #21 Tex A&M & #20 Missouri. They split with us that season both games being 1 point games.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I wanted him to be good. Dorky looking with the glasses, the shitty beard, and the stupidly formal name. Could have been a fan favorite if he was capable of playing division 1 basketball.

I hope his detractors have to eat crow the same way KamiKeisei's have, but I don't see that turnaround happening in his game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds