Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg (4 Viewers)

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
He fumbled it at his own 19 against Michigan, so yeah. (He also had a fumble at the 21 yard line in that game, a fumble at his own 5 vs NIU, and a fumble at LaTech's 23 yd line, among other fuckups.) He's averaging 1.5 fumbles per game, and has had at least one in every game he's started.
He’s just the anti Jeff Sims when it comes to turnovers. He’s been incredibly fortunate

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
If it’s not by much why wouldn’t you play the other guy then?

And i disagree. His talent could absolutely win us games. He’s talented. I’m not saying he’s good I’m just sayin he’s talented. The HH defenders hate that.

We left so many points out there the last game. We won so everyone will overlook a lot of things but we ain’t getting away with that week to week, easy schedule or not.
We didn't leave points out there because of a lack of QB talent, we left points out there because of mistakes. Where does Sims' superior talent get us any more points last game? Sims' throws a prettier ball, but has been inaccurate, made poor decisions, not seen the coverage and fumbled more than Haarberg. It's not about talent, it's who isn't screwing up more.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
We didn't leave points out there because of a lack of QB talent, we left points out there because of mistakes. Where does Sims' superior talent get us any more points last game? Sims' throws a prettier ball, but has been inaccurate, made poor decisions, not seen the coverage and fumbled more than Haarberg. It's not about talent, it's who isn't screwing up more.
I like your takes, but we’re walking a thin line when talking/comparing poor decision making between the two. Sims’ poor decisions have been taken advantage of. Haarberg, to the program’s benefit, has been extremely lucky when it comes to his poor decisions. He’s still a gamer and I like his play and has led the team to a 3-1 record… but let’s not deny the fact that he’s been incredibly fortunate.

I’ll take the good fortune for once.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like your takes, but we’re walking a thin line when talking/comparing poor decision making between the two. Sims’ poor decisions have been taken advantage of. Haarberg, to the program’s benefit, has been extremely lucky when it comes to his poor decisions. He’s still a gamer and I like his play and has led the team to a 3-1 record… but let’s not deny the fact that he’s been incredibly fortunate.

I’ll take the good fortune for once.
Exactly and I don’t think he’s a gamer. I think he’s been lucky and played some bad competition. There were many missed opportunities on Saturday in the passing game and when he ran it.

I honestly think Satterfield told him to pitch the ball or he’d put Sims out there.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Wait What GIF

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sims has a higher completion percentage than Haarberg on the year for one. Definitely has made poor decisions. Not debating that. Also not saying I’m completely sold on Sims being the #1. I’m not gonna keep going over this over and over.

The gamer thing is a ridiculous. It’s a justification. He wouldn’t start at most non power 5 programs. Why so many are sold out on seeing Haarberg through no matter what is weird.

Friday he had back to back plays where he fumbled a shotgun snap on his own and threw a pick and the Haarberg truthers didn’t flinch. That’s not objective…it’s weird.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sims has a higher completion percentage than Haarberg on the year for one. Definitely has made poor decisions. Not debating that. Also not saying I’m completely sold on Sims being the #1. I’m not gonna keep going over this over and over.

The gamer thing is a ridiculous. It’s a justification. He wouldn’t start at most non power 5 programs. Why so many are sold out on seeing Haarberg through no matter what is weird.

Friday he had back to back plays where he fumbled a shotgun snap on his own and threw a pick and the Haarberg truthers didn’t flinch. That’s not objective…it’s weird.

Did you watch the Minnersoda game?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
If it’s not by much why wouldn’t you play the other guy then?

And i disagree. His talent could absolutely win us games. He’s talented. I’m not saying he’s good I’m just sayin he’s talented. The HH defenders hate that.

We left so many points out there the last game. We won so everyone will overlook a lot of things but we ain’t getting away with that week to week, easy schedule or not.
HH defenders hate that Sims is talented?

Where do you come up with this stuff

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
HH defenders hate that Sims is talented?

Where do you come up with this stuff
All I want is a guy who won’t shit the bed on a regular basis which Sims showed an exceptional proclivity for in the first two games.

Haaaaarburger is honestly the lesser of two evils here. I’m not saying I like it but here we are.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Besides being 3-1 vs. 0-2, the gamer thing is the #1 thing in Haarberg's favor. There's a tangible difference in the way that HH & Sims carry themselves (or have so far). It makes a difference in the results of the little things when you're playing on your toes vs. playing on your heels.

It's not always quantifiable (or even seemingly logical), but you get more bounces & breaks when you're a dynamic personality who's radiating competitiveness and attacking. Both attitudes can be infectious with the entire team.

I don't know a single HH fan who won't readily admit he has giant holes in his game, but this program needs energy and Ws so badly, no matter how ugly, weird, or nonsensical.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Sometimes I wonder if people are thinking of Facebook comment sections or random tweets or something and then they post here as their response. I haven't seen anyone here who is "in love with Haarberg" or a "Haarberg truther". I haven't really seen that on Rivals either.

If anything, I think it's just an expectations vs. reality thing with our QBs.

Sims was brought in to be The Guy. He has tons of experience, he was the assumed starter from day 1, he was a face of the program, big NIL deals, conference media day, etc. Then whether it was weird luck or jitters or whatever, he played two of the worst games anyone has ever seen before getting hurt.

Haarberg, on the other hand, looked absolutely terrible in the spring game, and I felt pretty certain we would never even see him take a snap at QB in a real game. But then he got his shot and ran with it, literally, with a full head of steam. He's making mistakes and his passing game is ugly but he's scrappy and we're winning. That's a pretty simple reason to want to stick with him.

Maybe Sims has more talent, I guess? I mean he's consistently been a less than 60% passer throughout his career, so there's not a huge difference there. I don't know, for me, the biggest difference is that the ball is bouncing our way with Haarberg so far and he plays with confidence. That's about it. I can't really get onboard with benching the QB who has been 3-1 just because there's a chance that at some point he will have a game that is as bad as the 2 games that the other QB has started... It just doesn't compute in my head. Neither option is much better than the other, I just wanna ride with whoever seems like they can win 3 more games baby.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds